NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Hi, I'm Tim

Guest Timothy

Hi Game quitters,

My name is Tim Thai and I love video games. I'm 24 years old and I've been playing games ever since I was 8. My first console was a Playstation and I've owned a Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3 and now a PS4. I also have a PC and a laptop, both of which I use to game. My all-time favorite games are World of Warcraft, Super Nintendo Kirby, Fallout series, Skyrim, and Final Fantasy. Even though I love gaming and that it is addictingly fun, it is a one-way relationship. I put all this time and effort and realistically, it isn't doing anything for me. So I decided that I should give it up. There are many things that I want to do, travel, learn how to play an instrument, become healthier and to explore more. Games keep me cooped in the house. Today, December 14, I decided that I will leave gaming behind.

- Sincerely,

Tim Thai

• 3 weeks later...

That's awesome Tim. I've been in the exact same place where I felt i was investing so much and getting nothing back. Super excited that you made this decision! It's extremely liberating being here and being "sober". Welcome to the forum and I hope to see more of you. Day one go!

• 2 weeks later...

Even though I love gaming and that it is addictingly fun, it is a one-way relationship. I put all this time and effort and realistically, it isn't doing anything for me.

I love how you said gaming is one-way relationship. One can put all the time and effort into it, but the machine does not give any of it back. It is so very true.

Gaming is truly a horrible waste of time with no productive results. Thanks for your quote it was awesome to read.