NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

how to boost studying time

You need a clear mind and motivation. Easy to say, right? RIGHT!? :))

Clear mind can be achieved by practicing regular sport, meditation, music ( music not garbage that makes you lose focus and smash your head in a drunken party ), breathing exercises.. anything that can give you tonus and relaxation.

Motivation. you get this from reading, inspirational speeches, activities..

Edited by Terra

• 1 month later...

For starters, it's always good to go to a place with a study environment. A library(your school's or a public one), cafes are okay depending on if your neighbours are noisy. - Stick to the library, bring some water or snacks(if allowed) so you won't go home because of hunger(and never go back because procrastination during your meal).

- Make a clear goal of what you are going to finish in the next chunk of time(I can stay in the library 8 hours in a row, but I'd say 2-4 is a good start). Are you going to read a few chapters or finish your problem set/lab report? With time you will get better at knowing your limits.

- If you finish your (reasonable) goal early, still stay until the time limit, do some extra work. You will feel really great because you've achieved extra. Do not go home early because then your subconscious will tell you to have smaller goals or to do sloppy work in order to go home early.

- If whatever you study isn't online, disconnect from the wifi so you will not be distracted by videos or social media.

- If you're in school, get a study buddy (that is productive). Then you will have to go and study instead of flopping on your friend.

For starters, it's always good to go to a place with a study environment. A library(your school's or a public one), cafes are okay depending on if your neighbours are noisy. - Stick to the library, bring some water or snacks(if allowed) so you won't go home because of hunger(and never go back because procrastination during your meal).

- Make a clear goal of what you are going to finish in the next chunk of time(I can stay in the library 8 hours in a row, but I'd say 2-4 is a good start). Are you going to read a few chapters or finish your problem set/lab report? With time you will get better at knowing your limits.

- If you finish your (reasonable) goal early, still stay until the time limit, do some extra work. You will feel really great because you've achieved extra. Do not go home early because then your subconscious will tell you to have smaller goals or to do sloppy work in order to go home early.

- If whatever you study isn't online, disconnect from the wifi so you will not be distracted by videos or social media.

- If you're in school, get a study buddy (that is productive). Then you will have to go and study instead of flopping on your friend.

These are all excellent points! I just want to add one!

Take your time for breaks and if possible use the breaks to move your body or even better get outside for some fresh air. There are certain limitations to our brain and it can only focus for so long. Taking a break (no cellphone ;) ) will help regenerate that learning energy.

For me I try to do a short break every 25 - 40 minutes and a longer break every 2 hours or so.  

These are all excellent points! I just want to add one!

Take your time for breaks and if possible use the breaks to move your body or even better get outside for some fresh air. There are certain limitations to our brain and it can only focus for so long. Taking a break (no cellphone ;) ) will help regenerate that learning energy.

For me I try to do a short break every 25 - 40 minutes and a longer break every 2 hours or so.  

Yes for sure. When I say "go to the library for 8 hours" I do not mean you should literally stare at the books for 8 hours. Breaks are important, some do 25 + 5(study+rest) but I tend to prefer 60+10. Usually I just listen to about 2-3 songs and let my eyes rest a little.

How are you able to stay in library for 8 hours?

Give me your tips, because I'll probably starve to death during that time.

How are you able to stay in library for 8 hours?

Give me your tips, because I'll probably starve to death during that time.

Juice or coffee can be your friend, but I wouldn't necessarily skip meals lol. At my school libraries there are caf areas where we can eat or order food. If you're studying at a public library and need to go somewhere for food doing 4 hours in one sitting is the same thing.

• 1 month later...

Knowing what to do when you don't feel like studying helped me make time when I studied for an hour and feel exhausted. My classification for the 3 states are:

Sleepy: I want to sleep but doing it in the day may ruin my night sleeping and there are places (ex. library) where I can't lay down. It can make an hour or more go by when I sleep. I need energy, so I can get it by stretching or food. A high carb snack worked for me recently but staying awake is still hard.

Jumpy: I get up and walk around repetitively, thoughts racing, can't sit down. Meditation works here, it will calm you down. The challenge is to convince yourself to stop being jumpy.

Distracted: I think of games, girls, whatever that will throw off my day. You can redirect your attention by studying something else and coming back to the original study later. Detox will also help with distracters, hang in there. Dealing with distracters requires a set of defensive reasons you have to learn which is beyond the scope of this post.

Once you identify your state, you will have a strategy to deal with it and save your day from derailment!

• 7 months later...