NEW VIDEO: I Quit MMOs and THIS Happened

Relapsed BIG TIME! Fell off for two or three years but I'm back.

MuMuMelon

DAY 1 (attempt 3)

What can I say? I'm ashamed of myself. I'm 47 years old and I'm still playing video games like a fiend and I have very little in life to be proud of. I can't tell you the amount of hours that I've thrown away sitting in front of my tv, mindlessly pushing buttons. I have removed all games from my phone and I have packed away my Xbox with the intention of putting it up for sale. I don't want to be this person anymore. 

This is like my 3rd attempt at quitting in 5 years. I have wasted enough of my life away in virtual worlds. Time to spend the rest of it doing something....anything....other than absolutely nothing. 

Anyway, this is DAY 1 for me. My guard it up. I can't do this anymore or I'll end up hating myself. I mean, I'm already sitting at a strong dislike of myself, I don't need my thoughts about myself to sink any lower. 

I have some interests that I've pushed aside to play vids. I intend to start focusing much harder on myself and my goals. 

These goals include:

1. Focus on health and fitness

2. Learn my synthesizers

3. Educating myself: I have a bunch of Udemy courses that I've downloaded. I intend to start completing them as well. 

4. Focus on my relationships. All the time I've spent choosing video games over real life has cost me dearly. Time to put more effort into being a better human. 

When I first joined this site I was no naïve. I was too focused on the short game. Of just quitting. I will try to address my emotional state and sense of worth more deliberately. 

Anyway, I'm back. I pray that I have the mental strength to see this through and put video games behind for good. For life. 

• Like 2

Hey, I believe in you! I’m back here now as well after succumbing to YouTube and mindless surfing/watching. It might sound benign but I was losing hours and hours for short term entertainment.  

last time I didn’t do the journal. I’m thinking of starting that this time.

I’ll follow you and check in on you! I know you can do it.

Edited by FDRx7
  • Like 1