NEW VIDEO: I Quit MMOs and THIS Happened

Forums

1. WELCOME

1. Start Here & Introduction

New to Game Quitters? Welcome to the community! Say hi and introduce yourself. You will also find the FAQ.

Start your own thread and keep track of your progress here.

Answers to frequently asked questions.

Post all general discussion topics here related to gaming addiction and overcoming it.

5. Parent Support   (7,016 visits to this link)

Join Our Discord Server!

Connect, discuss, and have fun with fellow members on our official Discord server.

Join Now

• Hey, I'm Brice, 26, been a competitive FPS player for a long time. Reasons for quitting now are: - I want to follow the Buddhist path, and competitive FPS games give you a sense of pride and "being better" than everyone, "demolishing" lobbies that are unhealthy and against Buddhist principles. Too much ego. And even if I try to not think about it, the competitive nature of it brings me back to it. - The time when playing games goes so fast I feel like I never have time to do shit anymore with work and studies. Things also don't feel as pleasurable as video games and I want to change this "minimal pleasure" threshold. I also don't cook much anymore. - Eroding my relationship with my girlfriend way too much. It might save my couple if I stop. - Want to do something valuable to real people in the real world. Create rather than consume. - I am a very creative guy (music, programming, art, etc) and I'm not doing any of those anymore. - Impacts my ability to study to get a fucking great job in the future.  - I also spend some money on it that I would rather spend elsewhere. As of day 1, my feelings are hopefulness and a bit of worry. I already tried to quit in the past with some success and it always has been a positive experience. Now I want to definitely quit and actually live the life I dreamed of.  What I wrote so far is:  -I feel hopeful about me having more time. I feel a bit worried about boredom. -I feel a bit worried that I won't have fun anymore in my life. -I feel also a bit worried about watching tv shows and stuff. Seems like a similar kind of distraction. -I'm not sure if I'll suceed also.   See you tomorrow guys. Don't have time today so this is very rough sorry.
    • Hey, I'm Brice, 26, been a competitive FPS player for a long time. Reasons for quitting now are: - I want to follow the Buddhist path, and competitive FPS games give you a sense of pride and "being better" than everyone, "demolishing" lobbies that are unhealthy and against Buddhist principles. Too much ego. And even if I try to not think about it, the competitive nature of it brings me back to it. - The time when playing games goes so fast I feel like I never have time to do shit anymore with work and studies. Things also don't feel as pleasurable as video games and I want to change this "minimal pleasure" threshold. I also don't cook much anymore. - Eroding my relationship with my girlfriend way too much. It might save my couple if I stop. - Want to do something valuable to real people in the real world. Create rather than consume. - I am a very creative guy (music, programming, art, etc) and I'm not doing any of those anymore. - Impacts my ability to study to get a fucking great job in the future.  - I also spend some money on it that I would rather spend elsewhere.
    • As you probably know I'm a fan of daycounts so I approve 🙂 Regarding gaming, as I said one of the 4 needs gaming fulfills for us is Temporary escape, so the elements that gaming contains are going to need to be met in some way, just use this need to progress in life as it was designed to help us do, instead of satisfy it with online or computer gaming. Regards relationships I'm going to abstain from commenting since I've put it aside for quite a long time for other priorities, so perhaps ask someone else 😄 Keep up the good fight 🙂  
    • Entry 13.6 ( Written on 14.6) Day 622: No Useless Videos Day 621: Sticking to Food schedule Day 223: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00) Day 214: Being in bed before 23:15 Day 0: 6 pomodoros - 4 3 Things I did well no matter how small -1 hour run with 2 additional kgs in the weight vest -Quite concentrated during calls at job. -Calling an apartment owner as promised even though he didn't answer 1 Thing I could do better -Still avoid dozing off and do more calls regarding apartments as yesterday
    • I don't know myself, but I think every relationship is different in this aspect. If the dynamic is set correctly and both parties agree, then there's not much to disprove. To expand on your safe space idea: my girlfriend can be angry and happy (at the same time!) about the qualities that I have to make her safe space "happen". It really depends on the context.
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Celgost

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts