Hello!

Day 1

5 things that I am grateful for:

➢ All the support that my family has shown me

➢ The lovely view from my window

My sister for taking time out her day to play games with me

My parents for getting me to join Game Quitters

The very supportive comunity

Favourite book: Eragon                  What I'm reading right now: The Secret Life of Plants (its very interesting) 

Time without games: 1 Day (its been a week or two longer but I figure its easier to track like this)

Daily goal: To go on a walk

Weekly goal: Resist the temptations to relapse

Monthly goal: lay the foundation for better habits

• Like 4

HOLA! Today spring holidays ended in England so I am back at school. One thing that I have noticed is that I was actually excited about returning because I was not craving the amount of extra screen time I used to get in the holidays.

Day 2

5 things that I am grateful for:

➢ My form tutor for being such a good teacher and supporting me and my class so far this year

➢ My teachers for making all my subjects interesting ( I am lucky and got All good ones)

My friends at school who have been supportive

My parents for getting me to join Game Quitters

The very supportive community

Favourite sports: Netball, Hockey, Basketball, Rugby and Dodgeball

Time without games:  Day 2

I met yesterdays goal

Daily goal: Talk with friends

Until tomorrow.

• Like 1

Buenos dias.

Day 3

I am very thankful for how kind everyone has been and really means a lot to me that I am not alone in this journey. Today has been really good. I woke up refreshed and ready to go to school and found out some of my test results. I am planning to meet a few of my friends at the local Wildlife park and we are going to play games and chill. over all my life has started to regain some colour since quitting games and I now appreciate the beauty of the world around me. Best of wishes in all your journeys-Ted

A huge thank you to Po and TheNewMe2.0 for their kind comments and letting me know i'm not alone.

Time without games: 3 Day

I met yesterdays goal

Daily goal: To learn 3 new words in Español (Spanish, I take it at school)

Hasta Luego.

Edited by Ted
  • Like 1

Hola mi amigos. *Day four enters from left of stage*

Today has been extremely good for me. in the morning my sister and I played Unstable Unicorns while waiting for my stepdad to take us to school, she won. the when we got to school I was overjoyed since I got back my History, English and Spanish grades and they were very high (the English was around 75% and it was marked on a GCSE or year11 grading scheme) and me Andy friends have fully arranged when and where we will meet up. However it was extremely funny when at break a seagull pool on my blazer (part of my school uniform) though student services made me scrub it clean with a baby wipe so that was not very fun.

Time without games: 4 Day

I met yesterdays goal

Daily goal: be generally positive

Hasta Luego.

• Like 1

Buenos dias, tardes, noches or whatever time of day you are currently experiencing.

I did not meet yesterdays goal😔I tried but I feel that no do not currently poses the self control not to snap at some people. as such I have decided to make a decision inspired by TheNewMe2.0 and meditate for around 5 minutes every day. Right now it may seem impossible but I also believe that I can and it will help my mental health, positivity and addiction.

Time without games: 5 Day                                   Days of meditating for 5 minutes every day: 1 First day

Daily goal: be generally positive (trying again

• Like 1

Buenos dias Ted,
You were one of the people that responded to my introduction and I wanted to thank you for that.
Also, I really like your idea of using mediation as a means to build emotional self-control.

Good luck with staying positive tomorrow! 👍

• Like 2

GOOOOOOOOD after noon. I would like to apologise for missing yesterdays journal and will strive not to in future

Time without games: 7 Day YESSSSSSSS ! week without relapsing, willingly doing other things and I have started meditating.  this is what my reaction would have been before joining gamequiters 🤯                                                              Days of meditating for 5 minutes every day: 3rd day I have already noticed that it has been helping me think about, process and acknowledge my emotions and why I feel the way I do, it has also helped improve my mood. the method of meditation I have been using is called the star exercise.you place your arms shoulder width apart and raise both your arms, the left pam pointing up and right pointing down (not your whole hand just the palm) and you stand there until your arms start to ach and you bring them down. it helps wake you up in the morning and calms you at night and it also just makes you feel good  plus its super simple

Daily goal: try new meditation techniques

I met this weeks goal 🎉🎉🎉 although just meeting a goal is not me felly recovering it is a good start and I feel really good.

• Like 1

HELLLLO. today has probably been the best yet because I went out with friends read some of the secret life of plants and had a real cool time.

I loved going out with friends because we sat around and talked, played games (hide and seek, Frisbee or tag) and went on a walk and had a general nice time.

Time without games: 8 Days                                               Days of meditating for 5 minutes every day: 4th day

Daily goal: be positive

New weekly goal: meditate every day

• Like 3