NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

"Back In The Game"

A little about myself:

I'm 29 years old and studying to get my Bachelor's.

2 years ago, I made a couple of posts of starting my journey to quit gaming and even making a one journal entry about my feelings.

What went wrong last time?

(2019)

I relapsed around the second week since I was trying to enjoy new hobbies and trying to become a better person. Because I felt none of this game quitting was working, I gave up and relapsed into my old habits again: gaming on the PS4 and being lazy again.

I gained that one friendship back only to stop being friends with that person 4 months after since he just got worst. That friend didn't like that I stopped gaming so he stopped talking to me until I bought my PS4 back.

At that time, I thought it felt awesome to be back to gaming and enjoying my day when I could of done something else more meaningful. If I'm typing this again and getting back into quitting games, I'll probably relapse again and I'm gonna do my best to fight it this time. I kept gaming and gaming from the time I relapsed May 2019 to April 7th, 2021. I wasted all my time and years gaming. It's not going to be an easy journey just to quit and get through, but it will be done this time.

Now ?

I haven't been gaming since Wednesday because hours before, a big realization hit me..

• I was behind on all my homework
  • My room was dirty
  • My physical health got worst like gaining weight and pre-diabetes
  • Diagnosed carpal tunnel
  • I was unemployed
  • Not taking life seriously
  • I find myself feeling disappointed just because I didn't complete a challenge or finish a challenge
  • I was wasting my time moderating a subreddit for people who are depressed, suicidal, nihilistic, cynic, and pessimist which I resigned on Friday.

After that realization hit me, I never thought it was the right time that I said "I hate to say it and I never said it before but it's been on me for awhile but I think it's time to take life more seriously.  I'm at this time and age where I need to go forward and follow my path. I understand how some feel for me because I have it easy now but everything is staying the same and stagnating. I'm too old for this and need to move on.."

Actions taken:

• Unplugged and put my PS4 away along with all other gaming equipment hidden somewhere I can't see it or have access to.
  • Unsubscribed from gaming channels and deleted all game related wallpapers and apps.
  • Resigned as mod from depressing subreddit and deleted all of my accounts subscribed to those subs.
  • Created a new account and joined r/StopGaming, r/NoFap, r/Bloomers, and wholesome subs to get through the day.
  • Finished homework before the deadlines
  • Use DownTime when needed
  • Cleaned and organized my room a bit
  • Sent in a couple of applications

What are my plans from here on?

• Finish all my homework and stay on top of my studies
  • Find hobbies that I will enjoy and try to get into them
  • When feeling the relapse, I will focus on finishing my daily tasks and cleaning my room
  • Apply for 2-4 jobs a day and give calls on any follow ups
  • Go outside and enjoy the fresh air
  • Do the 90 day detox challenge and sell my PS4 and any other gaming equipment once finished
  • Organize and declutter my digital storage
  • After the 90 day detox, cancel and delete all my gaming accounts. (I haven't used Steam since October, so it won't be a problem)
  • Turn my Gaming PC into a work and study PC.
  • Exercise for 30mins-1hr a day

How I'm feeling right now?

• Anxious
  • Nervous
  • Depressed
  • The Need To Game
  • The Need To Do Something
  • Agitated
  • Irritated

Conclusion

Getting back into Respawn and GameQuitters feels like a fresh breath of air knowing everything is going to be alright. However, typing all of this and saying all of this is easy, but getting it done is where the challenge is. I already completed some steps and still doing the modules. I am gonna do it this time!

• Like 2

Hey @Kaleidoskopeand welcome to the forums!

You are already way ahead of other gamers by just realizing you had an addiction, then taking the necessary actions to turn things around. Most gamers don't even acknowledge there's a problem! What things (hobbies) make you happy? Doing something you love to do will be easier to fill up a day and it will leave you feeling good. Lmk some of the things you're interested in!

I wish you luck on your journey to a game free life.

Best 

Jason 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jason70 said:

Hey @Kaleidoskopeand welcome to the forums!

You are already way ahead of other gamers by just realizing you had an addiction, then taking the necessary actions to turn things around. Most gamers don't even acknowledge there's a problem! What things (hobbies) make you happy? Doing something you love to do will be easier to fill up a day and it will leave you feeling good. Lmk some of the things you're interested in!

I wish you luck on your journey to a game free life.

Best 

Jason 

Hobbies I enjoy are cooking, going on walks, visiting new spots in town, trying new things, minimalism, drinking tea, watching the rain, going to the beach, bicycling, exercising, and going on late night drives.