NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

My Addiction

Apolyn

Hello, my name is Alex or in the gaming community I go by the screen name Apolyn. I have been gaming since I was around 10 years old and turn 28 this year. I have known for a long time I have a problem and I have to admit I don't think I wanted to stop or move forward. I am on my pc far to long probably a minimum of 6 hours a day if I can usually more. My addiction got even worse due to the pandemic giving me another excuse to stay inside. On top of the time I have spent gaming the money over the years is probably in the thousands on games and parts for my pc. I play a little bit of everything from mmo's, moba, rts, and everything in between. Last fall I started back at school and I went down to part time at my job. I never stopped gaming. Gaming has caused even more stress than my school has because I want to play bad enough to the point it affects my productivity for my classes. There is a lot more I could say but, I'll stop here for now. Thank you to whomever reads this. I'm ready to take steps in combating my addiction.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Welcome @Apolyn,

thank you for sharing your inner thoughts with us. I think everybody here can relate to the challenges that a gaming addiction causes.

You recognised your problem with gaming wich is the first step towards a gaming free live.

Now it’s important that you allow yourself to feel how you want too feel. Be your own best friend on your journey.

As for quitting, the second step would be to slowly remove everything that reminds you of gaming. So deleting all websites, unsubscribing from gaming channels etc.

Also eliminating the possibility to relapse is a good way (like selling your pc/console).

however it’s important that you share your feelings in your journals. That gives us the opportunity to understand you better and to share better advice.

good luck on your journey Alex!

greetings,

moonlight

On 2/4/2021 at 1:42 AM, Apolyn said:

Hello, my name is Alex or in the gaming community I go by the screen name Apolyn. I have been gaming since I was around 10 years old and turn 28 this year. I have known for a long time I have a problem and I have to admit I don't think I wanted to stop or move forward. I am on my pc far to long probably a minimum of 6 hours a day if I can usually more. My addiction got even worse due to the pandemic giving me another excuse to stay inside. On top of the time I have spent gaming the money over the years is probably in the thousands on games and parts for my pc. I play a little bit of everything from mmo's, moba, rts, and everything in between. Last fall I started back at school and I went down to part time at my job. I never stopped gaming. Gaming has caused even more stress than my school has because I want to play bad enough to the point it affects my productivity for my classes. There is a lot more I could say but, I'll stop here for now. Thank you to whomever reads this. I'm ready to take steps in combating my addiction.

Welcome Alex! I think Moonlight has said it all, but one more thing is: change your name to Alex to help you have even less reminders of games. Basically, anything that makes you think of games will increase your odds of relapsing/not being able to quit, so try to take such things out of your life as much as possible! 

If you want to stop gaming, the first step is changing the way you look at yourself- don't call yourself a gamer anymore hehe :)) 

Sending you big strength, and hope that quitting will be incredibly beneficial for you. 

Po

• Like 1