NEW VIDEO: I Quit MMOs and THIS Happened

It Gets Easier

Some Yahoo

I watched some gameplay videos of HomeWorld.  I still enjoy decent 3D animation, and this game is a good one.  I also watched a series on Netflix about the early days of video games.  I worked for Atari back in the day - it was fun to see some of the old stuff I used to work on.

BUT: none of that in any way tempted me to download a game.  Granted, I could have been doing something more constructive with my time, but I'm still calling this a win.  As a final twist, my job forced me to work this week in Paradox.  Yes, Paradox.   It's a relic, but I am one of the few who programmers left with ANY CLUE how it works, and some companies - unaware that some upcoming Windows Update is going to leave them high and dry - hang onto it because it still (mostly) works.  I swear, every phone call I recommend they do an upgrade, but no - they want to wait until they can't process orders anymore until they authorize a budget.

Therefore it feels like I have been transported back to 1980 this week.

I spent some time sketching and drawing.  I think I am up to about a 5th grade level of competence, but I find it easier to do if I draw a little bit every day.  It's also easier because I use Skillshare to do classes about drawing so my skills don't plateau, and I spend the rest of my life drawing at the same level.

Also, I think I am going to press the eject button on social media.  It seems to be a place where everyone is screaming and no one is listening.  Too toxic for a depressed person like me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Some Yahoo said:

Also, I think I am going to press the eject button on social media.  It seems to be a place where everyone is screaming and no one is listening.  Too toxic for a depressed person like me

This helped me a lot. It was the first thing I quit. I'm about 98 weeks free from it.

Also, why don't you just make one journal? You have like 12 posts on separate threads. It might be easier to develop a diary and track progress. Just my suggestion.

• Like 2

On 8/29/2020 at 1:34 PM, BooksandTrees said:

This helped me a lot. It was the first thing I quit. I'm about 98 weeks free from it.

Also, why don't you just make one journal? You have like 12 posts on separate threads. It might be easier to develop a diary and track progress. Just my suggestion.

I never thought of using the board like that.  I just come on and post whatever, whenever I think of something to say.  I would update a thread if I had an update about that topic, usually, but I consider a new topic, well, new.