NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Hello Intro

Hello Community, I'm glad to join you. I'm Miles from the US. I've decided to quit after reflecting on Cam's email messages and videos and having recent relapse into games to avoid some difficult emotion-laden work. To avoiding writing out and thinking through possible solutions to my difficult problem, I felt compelled to find some iPhone games a little over a week ago to numb myself to negative feelings. It reminded me of being back in college when I turned to games instead of writing papers until very close to the due date. 

My goal is to be aware of why I choose gaming (and similar activities, like reading online news, YT, FB videos, or letting someone else distract me with solving their urgent problems instead of my own) to avoid work and relationships that would bring me more enjoyment and fulfillment. I have some important work I could be doing and family to take care of right now. I want to see what's possible when I live my life more intentionally by taking daily action on my real-world priorities.

Uh-huh. I suggest you check the reading list in the beginning of the Journal of James Good. It is a solid list with some books that will help you get your bearings.

take “No more mr Nice Guy” by Mr Glover. It is available for free online and is actually a workbook, with steps. After about 5 or so pages, you will know if the book is for you or not.

Perfect. I think your advice is exactly right. I have two copies of Glover's book, which I read last year. I planned to give a copy to someone else, but I realized I needed it more. I've rearranged my life to be able to put those ideas into practice. Now's the time for me to do it. 

I'll check out James' list too.