NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Should i keep in contact with my friends who are gamers?

Nuka-Chunk

As long as they understand that there are now boundaries with respect to the things you're willing to talk to them about, it should be fine. If they refuse to get off the video game topics, or actively attempt to dissuade you from quitting them, you should probably cut ties.

• Like 2

@Nuka-Chunk

I agree with @seriousjay. When you get older you realise how easy it was to make friends back then and maybe how you should've kept certain people around (even if it's just basic connection w social media). You're still free to do you and make new friends.

The only reason i'd say is worthy of cutting them off is if they don't want you to succeed in life. Eg. They try to persuade you to go back to gaming or they're salty about your new connections. In my experience, it's never the whole group that's like that. One person can still be a supportive and great person, they're the rare friends that deserve to be around when you do succeed.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TwoSidedLife said:

@Nuka-Chunk

I agree with @seriousjay. When you get older you realise how easy it was to make friends back then and maybe how you should've kept certain people around (even if it's just basic connection w social media). You're still free to do you and make new friends.

The only reason i'd say is worthy of cutting them off is if they don't want you to succeed in life. Eg. They try to persuade you to go back to gaming or they're salty about your new connections. In my experience, it's never the whole group that's like that. One person can still be a supportive and great person, they're the rare friends that deserve to be around when you do succeed.

To be honest I don't think it's THAT hard to make friends as an adult. Meetup is a great tool to do that. About 1.25 years ago I had zero social life and now it's the complete opposite. It just depends on how important it is to you and how much effort you're willing to put in to make it happen.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TwoSidedLife said:

@seriousjay That's some good advice to me haha, thankyou! I coincidentally signed up for meetup today. Saw it a few years ago, but most the events in my city are far. Tho this time i'm willing to give it a go ?

Yeah sometimes the Meetups can be far away but you can make great friendships even still. Distance doesn't have to matter if you don't let it. ? I have two really great friends who I don't see very often but when we do get together it's usually a great time!

• Like 1