NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Hmmm.... what if I tried quit gaming for a while?

superiggy

Hi there! I'm Ignacio, from Argentina, and I'm 28 years old. Long time-lurker here (I've signed up for Respawn in April 2017 but never really completed it fully).

I'm extremely passionate about cognitive psychology and neuroscience, specifically regarding addiction, depression and anxiety. I've been studying these subjects on my own for the past 2 years or so (reading books and following the latest scientific studies). I've never dealt with depression nor anxiety myself, but I have my own personal addiction problem.

My gaming addiction is "on the mild side", I often feel like disconnecting and storing my gaming PC, and not play for a week or two. It's like a mini-reset. BUT... I realized this gave me a false sense of security. These mini-resets ARE NOT a full 90-day reset. Only after 90-days free of gaming I'll be able to objectively see my true relationship with games.

So... no matter if my problem is relatively mild, it's still a problem. I'll work to fix it. I'll go through the Respawn program again. (I was planning to help translate it to Spanish too, so this is perfect: I can make/review translations as I go through it!).

Re. my goal: I love creating digital products and services, I've been doing it for a while, and I'm sure gaming is currently a big productivity obstacle. I could create 10x more if I didn't play games. Not necesarily because I'm gaming all the time, but rather, because many times I tend to funnel (or rather, waste) my creativity and energy into games.

Godspeed, and papa bless!

• Like 3