NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

90 days

TheNewMe

Day 83:

Damn.

Just got off the phone with my advisor, and as it turns out your grades for graduate programs aren't even considered by medical schools. I may have just taken a massive two year step backwards in my application process.

F****. It's days like this where I honestly feel like I may never get to where I want to go after all.

Edited by TheNewMe

33 minutes ago, Cam Adair said:

Ah sorry to hear that. All good though, it’s all part of something else unfolding that you may just not see yet. 

Thanks, it sucks but what's done is done now. Just going to try to keep the positive attitude and work ethic up, and hope that whatever road I'm on leads someplace good.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Day 94:

90 days has come and gone. I guess I should feel good about having achieved something that a few months ago I would have thought impossible, but in reality, I just feel...indifferent. Maybe even more stressed out than when I started.  For me, it was never about reaching 90 days--rather, it was about bringing myself closer to achieving my dreams. Dreams which still feel as far away right now as they did when I first started this challenge. 

Since graduation, many of my classmates have gotten married, finished ranger school, found amazing jobs, and done other incredible things with their lives. Many more have already gotten their white coats and are well on their way to becoming doctors. Meanwhile, I haven't even managed to clear the first milestone towards medical school yet and the end is still nowhere near in sight. I know life is a marathon, but at this point, almost 23 years old and going nowhere, it's hard not to be a little discouraged.

But at the end of the day, I guess that's life. Those people probably worked harder than I have ever worked in my life, and they deserve to be where they're at. I understand that now. That's why I'm going to keep this challenge going for as long as it takes, be it 900 days or even 9000 days. I will keep working hard at becoming the person that I want to be, because I only get this one life to do it.

Here's to another 90 days!

Edited by TheNewMe
  • Like 2

Congrats on 90 days. Although that doesn't seem like a lot, and you still have a lot of goals you want to accomplish, it is something to be proud of. I know at 23 it's easy to feel like you're far behind and others are so much more ahead, but remember, I didn't really start working on improving my life until I was 22. The difference between me now and me then is that I've been focused on trying to grow a little bit every day and over the past 7+ years it's compounded. Read The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson if you haven't yet.