NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Wangel Day 1

Wangel

It's time I quit gaming. A 33 year old grinding Apex Legends for so many seasons sweating over ranked games and watching Content Creator videos and trying to be like them while having a 9-5 Job and a wife. I lost focus of my life where I have only risked my life with being overweight, lazy, unattractive and being made at my wife for not letting me play video games. I have realized this, and it makes me sad that I knew about this but never took an action. But before things go more on the wrong side of life, I want to be a better man and change myself for good. 

My first step of the process is to get rid of things like gaming laptops and accessories. Apart from gaming I don't see any use of them and not having around means I don't have to think twice about playing a game. And I have my phone or work laptop that I can just use for normal browsing. The next thing is to unfollow Twitch and youtube. Their algorithm is too good to show me gaming contents that I feel like playing whenever.

Now that I have signs of hypertension from my recent doctor visit as was having frequent headaches, I have to change my lifestyle choice. I can't believe I sit at work for 8 hours and them come home and again sit for 3-4 hours playing game. Eating healthy, losing weight will be my top priority. I have been going to the gym and doing cardio for at least 30 mins for 2 weeks now. I'm motivated since I lost around 8 pounds. Though I have to learn more about mental health and how to keep myself more happy and not be stressed. 

I want to be social again. I feel like I don't have any close friends apart from my wife and co-workers. Most of my close friends live out of state so I only meet them once a while and my weekends are mostly boring. When my wife goes for work means I play game full day. May be that is one of the reasons that I game a lot. I don't know where to start but that's something I will have to figure out along this journey. I have some ideas.

Well, it's now or never. I am prepared~ The journey starts here. Good luck to me. 

Edited by Wangel
  • Like 1
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I feel happy and energized! I did not commit on making daily journals for past couple of weeks due to travels and parties. I guess this age is where I've to attend birthday parties of kids on a regular basis. Past week was a mixed feeling days for me. Actually I almost bought the Legend of Zelda version Switch thinking I could play a bit when I get bored. Oh man that would been back to square 1 for me. But nonetheless I worked on some improvements in life. I am regularly doing cardio workouts, being a bit active in social media and getting in touch with few friends. I sold my gaming rig and anything that relates to gaming. Now if I really get bored, I watch something on Netflix or anything that keeps my mind occupied. Moving on I'd need to figure out what activities I would want to get into.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2023 at 12:03 AM, Wangel said:

want to be social again. I feel like I don't have any close friends apart from my wife and co-workers. Most of my close friends live out of state so I only meet them once a while and my weekends are mostly boring

I relate to this! All but one of my friends live out of state…lol..all=3. I don’t like a lot of friends. It’s hard to make new friends…I’m not fully in agreement with it yet because I adore my friends and nobody will really match up. So yeah, figuring out how to be social right along with you. Great job on prioritizing your health! It’s amazing what gaming did to my health. my hamstrings and back hurt so much. Yoga is helping with that. my circulation is so jacked because I wasn’t moving at all. But, I know it can get better. I meet with a nutritionist on Monday. I am super excited about it because I want a lifestyle change, not a diet. 

Anyway…welcome. My hope is that you include self-compassion in your journey. 

I had a lot of work done today. Was full of energy after coming from work. I'm happy that I'm helping my wife with gardening like making/maintaining raise beds, watering vegetables when she's at work. I am planning to update our backyard a bit as a summer project. Have to plan out something to do some improvement.

On my health side, did cardio as usual but I've reached a point where my weight is being stuck at the same spot. I think it's due to not having a proper diet so that's on my to figure out list as well like cutting out dinner or replacing with something else. Though I'm happy that I've dropped around 13-15 pounds since I started early may. A lifestyle change that was necessary!

I don't think about gaming much and trying to avoid watching any content that relates to games in particular. I started reading books instead. As a hobby I've also started collecting Whiskey. I don't drink much but I like doing bourbon hunting. Though not much luck as It's a bit tough to find good bottles in my state. 

And thank you Joe and Cam! I feel motivated to write more Journals when I get time!

Edited by Wangel
  • Like 1

Was a busy day. Cleaned the house, went to buy some gardening stuffs and after that helped do some bbq for my nephew’s birthday party.  After party, me and my wife did some property hunting for a potential rental house while going back home and found a decent house in the market that we could afford. Still real estate prices are crazy. 
I felt good my wife is seeing some changes in me after quitting gaming. I wouldn’t want to let her down.

Edited by Wangel
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Its been gap in Journal but I’m doing great! Thoughts about gaming has not crossed my mind. Though I watch a couple of videos here and there related to gaming which I enjoy just to catch up. 

Been busy working on our small garden. We have grown tomatoes, cauliflower, peppers, bokchoi, broccoli, garlic, eggplants and few others. We planted a peach tree as well! 

Also been active on my side hustle to generate passive income in real estate. Initially we started rental business last year to give it a try and has worked great so far. So we are in process of adding a second house to our portfolio. Sort of plan to add 1 each year. I listen to a lot of podcast from bigger pockets and rental income podcast. These are great resources I came across with a wealth of knowledge for beginners like me. 

I’m exited for the long weekend. Will be catching up with my friends and family over my house. Planning to do a nice BBQ 🍗

Lastly I’m thankful for a good health and being conscious about having a healthy lifestyle. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Stopping by to say hello to my fellow game quitters! My journey has been great so far. I have made myself super busy and got burned down a bit last few weeks. Haha! Well to talk through my life update, I recently joined a soccer league with my friends. It’s so much fun and a really good exercise. Every Sunday with different teams. I didn’t realize I forgot how to kick a ball after so many years. Lost a couple of pounds lately and I feel super motivated to continue with my weight loss goal. 
I also happened to recently close a house last week. Nice 3 bd 1 bh house. I’m doing some clean ups before I put it for rent. The market is still crazy but I have a long plan to keep buying one every year until I am ready to retire for good. 
I am also learning Spanish in my free time . I tried this app called duolingo and learning some basics. I am hoping to give it a try for a year and see if I can clearly communicate with native speakers. I’m also looking to join a local/online group to enhance my skill after I learn a bit. 

Oh and my wife did our first harvest from our garden. She is amazing with plants 🌱. I will put up a picture to share with you guys! 

until next time! 

IMG_6250.jpeg

Edited by Wangel
  • Like 1