NEW VIDEO: I Quit MMOs and THIS Happened

Playing just once or twice a week

Denki

I've been thinking on how I wanna approach quitting games. This is the start of my journey towards quitting/reducing my videogame playing

So I wanna ask, has any of you here tried to just limit videogames to once or twice a week instead of going cold turkey? Or is it easy to relapse into the addiction even if you only play 1-2 times a week?

I never saw that anyone could manage to only play for a certain amount of times. The only reason why people come here is that they cant play for a set amount of time. If you could, it would not be an addiction. 

Try it yourself, I mean it does not hurt. But if you fail come back and do the full relapse for good. Dont fear that you will miss it your whole life. You will totally forget about it once you have alternatives.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that you have to decide for yourself that games either will be a part of your life or they will not. If you insist on still playing in some amount then the decision is to keep gaming, and thus your goal should be to do it in the healthiest way possible. If you lose control again there is never a bad time to quit, but you have to believe in that choice as much as you did when you started gaming again. It takes immense willpower to approach addicting activities and we have to build that strength by resisting all manner of things. If you have a hard time following through with less demanding tasks in life then perhaps it's not the best idea to invite this challenge right now.

I urge you to do a 90 day detox and then evaluate how your life changed during that game free time. With this knowledge you will be more prepared to make the kind of hard decisions you are trying to do right now when you are still fighting to stay inside the gaming bubble. You will also find new interesting things that will help to steer you away from gaming if you ever want to pick it up again in a more healthy manner. But that is a dream scenario of course; the harsh reality is that most of us won't ever manage that level of control and so we're better off to pursue other hobbies all-together.

Edited by Wildermyth
  • Like 1

On 11/3/2022 at 11:09 PM, Denki said:

I've been thinking on how I wanna approach quitting games. This is the start of my journey towards quitting/reducing my videogame playing

So I wanna ask, has any of you here tried to just limit videogames to once or twice a week instead of going cold turkey? Or is it easy to relapse into the addiction even if you only play 1-2 times a week?

There are way too many factors to consider. But shortly speaking on the rights of my humble opinion.
Do a 90 days detox. If you still will be feeling like playing games that means the reason is not a willpower but something deeper. You can try that,  if you will really manage to game only on weekends 1-2 hour then congrats but chances are high you won't be able. If you will relapse do 90 days again and reevaluate your life choices.
I had experience when I didn't play games and then when I tried to play again in moderation slowly it started to take over my life in unhealthier way, including ocuppying my mind when i was not playing. I mean sure gaming in moderation does work for some people but it didn't work for us hence we are here. In the end the choice is yours but be carefull about it.

Edited by Niko_Buccellati