Join Our Discord Server!

Connect, discuss, and have fun with fellow members on our official Discord server.

Join Now

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online
    • Hello Game Game Quitters Members....   I know by the time I'm writing this is there is a presidential debate on CNN (which I don't care and not watching it or was not watching it if you are seeing this after 2024). And there was a lot going on and thought time was going so fast...I miss days and weeks to update you guys.   Right now I'm exercising and trying to keep up on stuff that I didn't checked marked in my to-do list. I'm still reading non-fiction books to visualized my mind on a specific skill that it's trying to teach me based on the specific text from page to page in beginning to end in general. I am still journaling my thoughts in a journal book where I can share my thoughts freely since late 2010s too.   I did notice on my interest towards video games have change. Because it's due to change priorities in general and some are still $70 plus taxes which make no sense to spend and even digitally for someone trying to remodel a house that I still remember visiting as a kid which Grandma gave the house to my Mom. I originally thought we were moving again and my Mom said we are not and now years progress I rather have this house on my name as well so I don't have to worry about moving somewhere else again in general.   I don't care about what is truly going on outside of my house and also TV news and what is being shown and commentated on with these political YouTube channels which I don't think it make sense to watch in general.   I'm more into taking actions in my own life to make it better in general. I don't understand the idea of following most people who is not doing much in their life and getting the same bad results in general while getting mad about it. I don't care about those people...   I can only save myself and the current house I'm living in generally too. Why bother worrying about other people saying about me and other stuff that is outside of my control anyway. Let these people and uncontrolled events and moments go. It's better to worry about stuff that I truly have control over then stuff and people who I don't have control over and they know that they cam improve their lives but choose to not too. So whatever man...   There is a saying ignorance is bliss. Yeah it's bliss to not try to know stuff that is not beneficial in general if you try to have a clear mind and calm mind in general.   So yeah.   Alright game quitters members I'm going to end today by going to bed and watch stuff that has nothing to do with politics. It's just something on YouTube based off skill learning and hopefully finish watching the founder based off of Ray Croc and finally watch Spiderman no way home or the recent spider man movie on blu ray so yeah.   Bye.
    • Entry 27.6 ( Written on 28.6) Day 636: No Useless Videos Day 635: Sticking to Food schedule Day 237: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00) Day 228: Being in bed before 23:15 3 Things I did well no matter how small -Visited embassy to check for no crime record document - still didn't arrive -Changed my delivery bag -4 pomodoros again, more progress on script 1 thing I could do better -Having planned for call center work on Friday in advance
    • June 28 - Day #0 Two activities I've picked up in the last ~2 weeks have been listening to 'Alan Watts Chillstep' videos on Youtube, and taking my weights vest to the park instead of more streets, so that the trees, grass and sunshine could improve how I felt. Watts speaks about some pretty sincere things, and a lot of it I would say can be maddening - just like traffic and perceived-unfriendly people on the street. There's a movie starring Johnny Depp called 'Chocolat', and the 'wrap-up' quote (of sorts) is, "Listen, here's what I think. I think that we can't go around... measuring our goodness by what we don't do. By what we deny ourselves, what we resist, and who we exclude. I think... we've got to measure goodness by what we *embrace*, what we create... and who we include." -> This could be just as disruptive and dangerous to addicts of anything, just as the two seemingly conflicting statements of: 1) "Fear makes people do terrible things", and "Do you know what keeps a person decent? Fear." Granted, they are each quotes from 2000s movies. Those could all be 'hunky-dory' if it weren't for the purported addictive and fear-engendering design of which and whatever. I would come right out and say that "I'm sick" of operating on that 'knowledge', and start doing whatever I felt was right, but my circumstances are not representative of everybody. It's just that the things that have made the most impression on me have also not often seen in sufficient light for me to really get to discuss them properly and healthily. ____________ I finished reading 'IT', and sadly some of the most anticipated pages for me were those describing the would-be diagnosable socio/psychopathic youth character, Patrick. To try and convince everyone here, I did still read it in horror of the concepts, but mostly I just wanted to witness some honesty (I would say Stephen King does this) spoken on the subject.  I also read and thought a bit about the 'ID, Ego and Superego'. Could that really be as simple as assigning a 'voice' to each, like remembering the needs that gaming serves and doing something like dubbing one opinion outnumbered by two, or as Alan Watts sort of implies, letting one 'run the show' at a time? This sort of thing, again, would be great if everyone were able to chat away at it openly - but maybe we're all as equally scared of the notion of evil people and being taken advantage of. That's certainly part of why I've delayed just walking outside and 'getting on with a/the day', and typed this the way I have. ______________ I was initially going to try and post a formal essay here on the topic of relapse - like something I would have submitted as an assignment or in an examination. That was to take the place of feelings of guilt for having taken what was mainly the 'easy' path of gameplay yesterday. I even dubbed the boost (dopamine or otherwise) I got from it and my favourite music alongside as 'useful'. Maybe it's not just the pain/discomfort of things like cold showers, but of what is experienced from more frequently selecting what is hard/a challenge, barring the consequences of potentially 'being disliked'. For a long time, I had made peace with being disliked until I found people online and eventually offline who accepted and appreciated my efforts. I got used to that, at the expense of continued growth. This new streak/day count? I'm not sure - I've just had the idea of writing down how I decided what is a (healthy) challenge before undertaking it, so that I have evidence to show myself and perhaps others, but suffice it to say that I should usually be aiming for delayed gratification. I am only wary of acting overly and annoyingly surprised by others' triumphs and positive things taking place outside of my control, as I have seen. It felt good to eventually type this out - quite like meeting 'gaming needs'.  ___________ Gratitude: ~ the unweighted walk I went for last night, to finish the day positively ~ realising again yesterday, after much deliberation, how far I have to go in terms of 'community feeling', but achieving wisdom still looks scary to me ~ if it isn't the 'rest' that I earned over the years, then for rest/time allowed on its own ~ having an inner compass I can try to rely on TGIF, I guess. Matt
    • your answer is ciphered in a way. You have to try to recollect why sport and brotherhood you turned away from.   Was your discipline already affected by the addiction? Was there some conditioning i.e. fear of losing, of being disliked, that led to the gaming becoming stronger. Do you experience low energy after abstaining from the video game for some time? If that happens, which is most likely the case, you have to slog through it and set up a daily routine with a replacement treat. If it is not going to be a video game, it has to be a sport where you can get some thrills every evening outside your home. My gaming habit was so disruptive that I had to run out of the house after school to prevent myself from playing. So ridding myself of access to the game did it. I felt a total waste, laying in bed feeling that I lost an opportunity, but seeing peers content with life Without playing games gave me a new perspective.    hope this better helps you to decipher your answer.
    • Gaming has transformed your brain into thinking that other activities and social interactions are less worthy of your time. Gaming provides instant gratification and you are in complete control of the experience. They also make you feel very comfortable as you can just rest most of your body while engaging with them. The human mind puts us through all sorts of trickery throughout our lifetime since it acts out of survival and cannot really distinguish what is good for us in a modern soecity. That's why we have to actively tell it what is worthwhile and gradually shape it into something that will seek out truly benefitial activitites. Think of the impact of sugary items for example and how the brain always thinks that sugar is the best and most immediate energy resource whenever our cells are starving for glucose. But as an adult we know that sugar is bad for us and that it is best consumed in moderation. This is why we eat full plate meals with vegetables and what not, even though it will never really get us the same immediate satisfcation as a candy bar. It's a constant struggle but we always know what way the wind is supposed to be blowing. Gaming of course works the same way. Gaming is the sugar and the mind is starving for it whenever we feel exhausted, lonely, emotional or bored. But stay away from it and your brain will start to seek out others sources of energy. And what you will realize over time is that life provides a HUGE number of healthy activities that your brain will grow to love and constantly seek out; you just have to get going.   Some specific thing that helped me steer clear of gaming: 1. Getting rid of anything at home that was associated with gaming. 2. Starting a new hobby (for me it was skiing). 3. Finding new friends that share your new healthy hobbies. 4. Write down your thought processes, good or bad, and post them here. 5. Inform your surroundings of your decision to quit and ask for constant support. 6. Start reaping the benefits as over time you will become more and more distanced from gaming.   I also think that love helps a lot since it works both as a hobby, a friendship and support that is always close by. But love can be a slippery slope and it might not be great to get involved with someone when you've just quit something so addicting. It will lead to sudden mood changes, lack of focus and potential relapses. For a relationship to grow it needs two healthy minds and your partner deserves someone who at least has grown the confidence of experiencing life without video games and who has a hopeful view of the future.
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    tanvir20

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts