Join Our Discord Server!

Connect, discuss, and have fun with fellow members on our official Discord server.

Join Now

• I was about to post something similar, so you've won our race to call out such problems, at least! 🥲 For real though, aside from the predictability of my ideal experience (gaming or otherwise), I miss depending on things similar to positive friend and family relations, and sleep quality. I want to question anyone who might say that becoming an adult is about accepting things never being OK again.  Your HALTED acronym has come to mind more and more - except for 'dehydrated', usually. I could rudely/offensively (yet honestly) demand of my environment such that everything could be made OK temporarily, but then it would simply and immediately be someone else's turn to do the same. I could be down for that, but most people seem a lot more 'stuck' than I am. I have very basic fears, but am able to push them to the side. It doesn't mean that I don't see the opportunity to call out those who create problems for me/us, it's just that I don't often see the best way to do that without being accused of harassment or something. I guess the main thinking suggestion I have at the moment concerns how each of us wants life to feel - because today, we can think however we like, but it's the right gut feeling that we have choose, in the end, isn't it? Should life feel like a dream with no real negative consequences, a constant battle to stave off unproductive thoughts or actions, or perhaps nothing but raw and uncensored self-expression? There are probably many more 'modes' of living - I think that those 3 might cover those in my immediately family, but if one could pat one's self on the back at the end of each day in a brief moment of alone time surely enough, wouldn't that be OK come whatever may? Re: David Bowie's 'Under Pressure'!
    • I'm so overwhelmed in life. I'm extremely tired and extremely depressed.  I'm praying my son sleeps when we sleep and in his own crib soon. My wife and I are so tired and the sleep shifts are brutal. It's so exhausting only getting 5 hours of sleep each night for months.  Work has been tough. I missed my career a lot but there's been so much drama in the company. I think some people are being so difficult and it's gonna lead to them being fired. A lot of people use me as their therapist at work and it mashed me lose so much productivity. It's frustrating.  My mother has been so difficult to deal with. It constantly weighs on me that I need to talk to her about a lot of issues. I just don't have time to do it. But she's been so stressful and irritational and unpredictable. My wife and I can't handle more distractions.  All of this makes me tired. I'm sprinting from one problem to the next. I have no time to relax or recharge. I can't even sleep. I wake up so exhausted and depressed. I have no time to call family and friends. I miss my wife so much. We spend so much time apart from each other because of the sleep shifts and then working again.  I just miss hugging my wife. I miss the way she keeps me warm and loved and safe. I miss the feeling of everything being OK.  After her near death experience and our sons, it's must so hard to relax and be happy.  We love our son more than anything in the world. We're not complaining. Just the depression, exhaustion, drama, and ptsd from everything is crushing us. I feel like a failure. 
    • Entry 3.6 ( Written on 4.6) Day 613: No Useless Videos Day 610: Sticking to Food schedule Day 2143: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00) Day 205: Being in bed before 23:15 Day 0: 7 pomodoros - only 4, Don't know what to say on the subject.... 3 Things I did well no matter how small -Visiting police again -In bed by 20 10 second day in a row, because I woke up on 4 10 -Kept writing and calling potential apartments 1 Thing I could do better -Again when putting groceries during the night into the fridge be see chill, lost a whole HOUR there.
    • Hello guys, I am Paris, 31 years old and I am glad to say that I have quitted 6 years to this day.  It's been very rough all these years since gaming consumed my teens and early adulthood so I am trying everyday to catch up with everything I was behind.  I am going to the gym everyday and I graduated with a degree in finance and mathematics couple of years ago. Now I am following a double masters in finance and econometrics and hopefully next year I will be ready to roll my career a little bit later than the usual. What I found to be very hard is the development of a social life. I have some lifelong friends but as we get older everyone lives in different places and countries and we meet rarely. What I wish is to be able to connect with more people in real life and find a nice and pretty girl. I know the desperation when you guys try to quit but cannot. I was one of you. Every single day for 12-15 hours at the computer playing games. Being left with "friends" from those games. Trying to quit and having to deal with "boring" real life.  But hey real life is not boring , we make it interesting. Step by step build a new life. You will be lonely yes. And sad also. But when the initial urge goes off, fighting every day will make you stronger. Try to find a whatever activity that slightly interests you and no matter how awkward you might feel keep doing it. I believe a sport or simply going to the gym help immensely. At least they helped me. Consider all these activities as grinding. You start at level 1 being a noob that has no idea what to do in the game and you level up. In a x amount of time you will have achieved a x level and that will bring you satisfaction since it is really hard to excel at a thing. Consider how many hours you played a game to master it. Wish you all to find your true self out there under the shadow of a tree in a park, hanging out with good friends.  
    • Entry 2.06 ( Written on 3.6) Day 612: No Useless Videos Day 609: Sticking to Food schedule Day 213: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00) Day 204: Being in bed before 23:15 Day 0: 7 pomodoros ... 3 Things I did well no matter how small -Visiting police station once again for the "no crimes permit" -Picking up photos -Called potential apartments 1 Thing I could do better -Go to eat at break right away instead of using 8 minutes to re-read job contract
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Paris

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts