NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Why I want to quit

Hi my name is Marquese, I was joining this forum to try and remove some of the hold video games have over my life. I want to get better at other things that interest me like learning piano, animation, drawing etc.  I've never tried doing a detox before but I am willing to give one a try. I've been playing them ever since I was a kid mostly because my friends played them and it was the only way to keep in contact with them outside of school. Lately though I've just been playing to not be bored or lonely all day. Hopefully this course helps me get to a place I want to be in the future. I've been the type to procrastinate on stuff I should be doing. Usually I get motivated to try and quit and then I see someone in a way better position than me and I get demotivated. I tend to think that at least I can be good at playing video games right now because I cant compete with that person. 

Edited by Masobito
Add extra context
  • Like 2
  • Like 1

• Masobito changed the title to Why I want to quit

The same happens to me. I get demotivated seeing someone succeed. But I read it somewhere, the only competition you have is yourself and if you keep looking at everyone's success story you will never be able to create your own. Thats why lets focus on ourselves and do the best

• Like 1
  • Like 1