NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

[SOCIAL] What if there just aren't a lot of people in your area?

Ethan

I've always had a knack for making friends quickly--even while at the University I failed out of, I made many different friend groups with ease (and frankly, games were a way to hide from these people after "disappointing" them).

But the area that I live, there just isn't a whole lot of people around--certainly not a lot of young adults near my age group (that quasi group between teen and adult, 18-25?), and those that I knew either game compulsively like I used to, or have moved on past me into university/marriage/whatever else.

What do you all suggest for finding people in a community that just doesn't *have* a lot of people? I've considered posting fliers around town but I'm not necessarily the best at coordinating groups. 

I’d say to look for peers in your field of work or study, or sport. During my placement year I was able to connect with many different types of people. I had a senior colleague who had worked for the World bank in the past and it was exciting to hear that rare type of English expat, who got a chance to visit the former Soviet republic of Kazakhstan. I felt like being transported back in time when he told me about the infrastructure development projects that he was part of.

Apart from that I made friends at the boxing gym. Another point is that you can use this moment to develop a very good discipline. Right friends come when you are a master of yourself.

Edited by Amphibian220

• 1 year later...