NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

New Chapter

Endeavors

@StawroginHey, thanks for replying! I do use a calendar for important and/or recurring activities like classes and appointments. By "taking things as they come" I meant that I didn't really have a plan/goal to strive towards, but just did what was necessary to get by and not fall too far behind.

Day 11

Had a math exam earlier this week which I thought went pretty well but the result was apparently mediocre. I'm still satisfied with the outcome though considering the difficulty of the subject. Other than studying, I've been playing piano, reading The Lord of the Rings, spending time with my family, watching Netflix, working, and exercising.

Goals for next week:

1. Wake up at 8am or earlier every day.
  2. Buy a personal/social development course.
  3. Finish math assignment that's due in two weeks from now.

Day 18

Don't really feel like writing here, but I'm going to force myself to do so anyway because if I don't I'll probably just fall back into old habits.

Had a minor relapse one night in the middle of the week where I got caught up watching gaming related videos until around 4am (whoopsie). Next day I just woke up at 8.30 and pretended it didn't happen, which worked surprisingly well. I recently watched this video about daily habits and the two day rule. The rule states that you cannot go two days without doing a habit. This way you are allowed to slip up and miss a day, but then you have to get back on the next day. I guess this kinda works in this context too. It at least makes sticking to a habit a bit less intimidating. Also helps if you slip up, then you don't feel like you have to start all over again.

During the week I also watched some videos regarding competitive programming, which intrigued me a lot. This one website has tournaments/events and a ranking system so you can "climb the ladder" like in video games. Except when you climb this ladder, you actually accomplish something and gain knowledge and experience along the way. Going to start learning C++ this coming week and try solving some basic problems. But then again I also have exams pretty soon, so there might not be a lot of time for that. Anyway, I guess a little is better than nothing.