NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Edz's Journal

Edz

Uhm.. Hello to new me I guess? 🙃

Hello beautiful people and welcome to my Journal! I am not promising to do daily logs, but definitely will post at least once in a Week!
So yeah, here I am! This is my second day without games and I feel weird, overwhelmed, and happy at the same time. I don't know what to think, but I definitely feel better already!

I finally started cycling again! It's a great activity and my legs simply carve for some pressure to be applied to them after all these years and hours spend on a chair. 

Cause of pandemic I am still out of work (Bartender here), and thus I have plenty of time on my shoulders to improve my self in every possible way! So I will create a to-do list, where I can follow and report how things are going for me.

To-Do List:

I am willing to improve my social skills, get out there and meet some new, exciting people (Maybe not the best time when COVID is still present, but with some precaution, it can be done)
Revisiting my purchased tutorials on Udemy and Gumroad and finally completing them up to a good standard.
Daily body stretches (ooh boy how my body feels stiff)

Oh, and one more thing that was kinda bothering me. 
Is creating game assets/props (like 3D environments and characters) has anything to with game addiction? I mean if I produce some 3D stuff, is it going to affect me anyhow towards creating like temptation on playing games again? I do some sculpting in Zbrush and some Modeling in Autodesk Maya as a hobby, but that's about it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Edz said:

Uhm.. Hello to new me I guess? 🙃

Hello beautiful people and welcome to my Journal! I am not promising to do daily logs, but definitely will post at least once in a Week!
So yeah, here I am! This is my second day without games and I feel weird, overwhelmed, and happy at the same time. I don't know what to think, but I definitely feel better already!

I finally started cycling again! It's a great activity and my legs simply carve for some pressure to be applied to them after all these years and hours spend on a chair. 

Cause of pandemic I am still out of work (Bartender here), and thus I have plenty of time on my shoulders to improve my self in every possible way! So I will create a to-do list, where I can follow and report how things are going for me.

To-Do List:

I am willing to improve my social skills, get out there and meet some new, exciting people (Maybe not the best time when COVID is still present, but with some precaution, it can be done)
Revisiting my purchased tutorials on Udemy and Gumroad and finally completing them up to a good standard.
Daily body stretches (ooh boy how my body feels stiff)

Oh, and one more thing that was kinda bothering me. 
Is creating game assets/props (like 3D environments and characters) has anything to with game addiction? I mean if I produce some 3D stuff, is it going to affect me anyhow towards creating like temptation on playing games again? I do some sculpting in Zbrush and some Modeling in Autodesk Maya as a hobby, but that's about it.

Welcome to the forums. I currently sculpt and create assets for animation in Blender and haven't had any cravings. I'm currently almost 90 weeks free from video games and will be 90 weeks on Saturday. I think Twitch, YouTube, and Reddit content can be more triggering. Did you buy zbrush and maya? 

On 7/16/2020 at 11:02 PM, BooksandTrees said:

Welcome to the forums. I currently sculpt and create assets for animation in Blender and haven't had any cravings. I'm currently almost 90 weeks free from video games and will be 90 weeks on Saturday. I think Twitch, YouTube, and Reddit content can be more triggering. Did you buy zbrush and maya? 

Thanks for encouriging, @BooksandTrees ! 90 weeks 😲 Holly molly, keep up the good work! Jeez, that's inspiring 🙂 

I've noticed that for me the Discord was one of the biggest issues, because that's where all the gaming was sort of initiated (Before discord it was Skype), so by getting rid of it (Idk, prolly will come back at some point) it made it so much better and easier for me not to think and see the posts about games and any other distracting stuff, so yeah... Deleted twitch app too and I use youtube simply for some tutorials on 3D related stuff mostly. I lurk a lot in Imgur for memes tho ... this gives me a good laugh that I need so desperately 😄

As for the Zbrush, I am using the trial version (30 days), but before I was on a monthly subscription ($39.95 / Month), but after two months I canceled it because I wasn't using it often(guess the reason ... yeah THE games), and 40 bucks is far from cheap. So now I'm simply rewinding my long lost knowledge of the software and once I feel comfortable again, I might go back to the monthly sub. 

As for the Maya, I am still using my student version (It might expire any time soon, cause I'm done with my college classes). I was a big fan of a blender before, but college was sort of pushing us using Maya, cause it's industry-standard blah blah.. so yeah I switched from Blender to Maya and OH BOY I hated it from the bottom of my heart, because I found it to be less user friendly(super complex and slow compared to Blender), BUT somehow I got used to it and sort of even like it? Anyway will see, if my student version runs out, I might switch back to Blender again. Did some tutorial on youtube not so long ago on creating an Owl in blender 2.8. It's changed a lot since I used it last time, and it was sort of frustrating to get my head around it, but some knowledge was still there, so it ain't that bad.  Anyway, wish you all the luck and good effort towards your animation! (Oh and btw -  Looking forward to seeing your Blender animations once it's done!  😄💯)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NoGameDAY 3

Woke up at 9:00AM, feeling a bit dizzy and with a slight headache (used some medicine(ibuprofen) and it went away in a  couple of hours).
10:00 AM - Me and my lovely mom packed our stuff and went for a ride to an English Heritage - Stonehenge. (It took us about 2 and a half hours to get there). Been living in the Uk for the past 3 years and haven't seen much of England. It was amazing seeing the well known Stonehenge within a hand reach - what a view and what special energy that place has! Gives you some good/positive vibes. The weather was lovely and everything was simply nice. We spent almost the whole day there.

Once we came back, I called my Grandmother, and it's a good thing that I did, because her mood was off, and by reaching out to her I made her evening to be much better than it was! (I will make sure to call her more often from now on)

Did some sculpting in Zbrush for an hour.

Now It's Bedtime. The day was great and I am grateful for that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Edz said:

Thanks for encouriging, @BooksandTrees ! 90 weeks 😲 Holly molly, keep up the good work! Jeez, that's inspiring 🙂 

I've noticed that for me the Discord was one of the biggest issues, because that's where all the gaming was sort of initiated (Before discord it was Skype), so by getting rid of it (Idk, prolly will come back at some point) it made it so much better and easier for me not to think and see the posts about games and any other distracting stuff, so yeah... Deleted twitch app too and I use youtube simply for some tutorials on 3D related stuff mostly. I lurk a lot in Imgur for memes tho ... this gives me a good laugh that I need so desperately 😄

As for the Zbrush, I am using the trial version (30 days), but before I was on a monthly subscription ($39.95 / Month), but after two months I canceled it because I wasn't using it often(guess the reason ... yeah THE games), and 40 bucks is far from cheap. So now I'm simply rewinding my long lost knowledge of the software and once I feel comfortable again, I might go back to the monthly sub. 

As for the Maya, I am still using my student version (It might expire any time soon, cause I'm done with my college classes). I was a big fan of a blender before, but college was sort of pushing us using Maya, cause it's industry-standard blah blah.. so yeah I switched from Blender to Maya and OH BOY I hated it from the bottom of my heart, because I found it to be less user friendly(super complex and slow compared to Blender), BUT somehow I got used to it and sort of even like it? Anyway will see, if my student version runs out, I might switch back to Blender again. Did some tutorial on youtube not so long ago on creating an Owl in blender 2.8. It's changed a lot since I used it last time, and it was sort of frustrating to get my head around it, but some knowledge was still there, so it ain't that bad.  Anyway, wish you all the luck and good effort towards your animation! (Oh and btw -  Looking forward to seeing your Blender animations once it's done!  😄💯)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NoGameDAY 3

Woke up at 9:00AM, feeling a bit dizzy and with a slight headache (used some medicine(ibuprofen) and it went away in a  couple of hours).
10:00 AM - Me and my lovely mom packed our stuff and went for a ride to an English Heritage - Stonehenge. (It took us about 2 and a half hours to get there). Been living in the Uk for the past 3 years and haven't seen much of England. It was amazing seeing the well known Stonehenge within a hand reach - what a view and what special energy that place has! Gives you some good/positive vibes. The weather was lovely and everything was simply nice. We spent almost the whole day there.

Once we came back, I called my Grandmother, and it's a good thing that I did, because her mood was off, and by reaching out to her I made her evening to be much better than it was! (I will make sure to call her more often from now on)

Did some sculpting in Zbrush for an hour.

Now It's Bedtime. The day was great and I am grateful for that.

That's awesome. Great job. I didn't know zbrush was so cheap. That's not bad. I like blender right now. I've been learning to sculpt, but I'm putting too much pressure on myself and not enjoying it because I'm trying to do it for like 5 hours at a time. I think 1 hour every other day is a good way to learn.