NEW VIDEO: Is gaming a waste of time?

Sign in to follow this  
Bishop_Avenger

I feel depressed

I was playing on my Xbox 4 or 5 hours a day. I was addicted to Battlefield. I was addicted to the point I had the top score worldwide for a certain class and I was top of the board for other metrics. Problem is, I have a wife and two kids(then it was only one) and I was not giving them the proper attention & priority they deserve. After many fights and after 1000 hours of playing I switched to another game and I ultimately stopped playing for about 6 months. I started playing again after a new battlefield came out. I started playing 2 to 3 hours or more a day. While I seemed to control myself better the occasional fight with my wife and my mother still broke out from time to time and I found myself always with that urgency to go back online and play. It chanced that I took a week long work trip/vacation and it was great. It served as a detox and I lost that urge to be online and play. While I seem to have lost that urge, I have been bored beyond measure. I’m not a social person. I don’t drink. I’m uninterested to “go out there, find friends and do things”. I’m still very depressed and very bored. Most of the time I don’t feel like doing shit. I recently saw they re-launched a game I played in my early teens called Age of Empires 2. You have no idea how tempted I feel to buy it and play for nostalgia’s sake alone. Knowing myself I fear if I do buy it I will become addicted again with all the problems that brings. I don’t think I can afford it with two young toddlers around. They aren’t even letting me finish writing here. They wouldn’t even let me play if I got it.

• Like 1

do not be depressed man . all members of this forum loves you .

man u have full body parts without any disables or problems ! u can see , walk , eat and taste , just pray/meditate yourself and u will feel all these blessing .they are uncountable ! but we do never feel them and that هs why we never enjoy them !

just look around ! u are a member in gamequitter which means that you have internet,electricity and a digital device . 

u have a home to live , no war , u find something to eat and drink , u have family man !! do u understand?? i am living alone here without parents because i am a ٍSyrian refugee in Germany .

my old love have gone due to the Syrian war . that is why  i got addicted to games just to forget this problems but it was the wrong way to solve my problems . the best way to solve them is facing them ! standing up and continue living this life . i am a stronger man now ! i am sure that i will get a better girl(wife) than the 1 that gone in war . i  am sure that i will beat all my problems because i have done gr8 plans , not wasting a single moment of my life , always trying to go out and meeting people to get experience .

our life is too short to feel sad or depressed  ! we have to treat it positively . all the problems  starts with sadness but they ended up with happiness  ! so having problems is good  if we solve them because solving them is  the source of happiness .

i am sure that my post will help you .

welcome to the magical forum of depression fighters , the place of happiness and the community of success .

peace 

Edited by ismailkanaan
  • Like 1