NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

30M Quitting games

Hey everyone!

So I'm Chris Hogg, and I am quitting video games.

I guess the most important and distinguishing thing I can say about myself is that I'm a Christian. Because of this I believe every moment I have is a gift from God. I want to "redeem the time" as the Bible puts it - make the most of my life. After all, I believe Jesus died so that I might have life, and have it more abundantly.

I get the feeling when I'm playing video games I'm not enjoying that life. I feel like I'm not taking up my cross and following Him - living my life to help others.

Sometimes I justify playing by telling myself I'll be a light in the darkness of video game lobbies and chat, but that never really pans out. Listening to Cam's story helped - he talked about how video games would fill up his life. I feel like whenever I don't have something scheduled, I fill that 'excess time' up with video games, and I think it'd be much better if I'd fill that time up with time spent fulfilling the greatest two commandments:

37 Jesus said unto him,  (1) Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, (2) Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

The Bible says, "The just shall walk by faith". Video games don't require much faith - I get on them because I know I can get an immediate "high" at the click of a button, rather than patiently waiting on the joy Jesus so readily gives if we would just wait on Him.

I think the God who created the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and everything in them must be interesting enough to fill up and make use of my heart, soul, strength and mind.

I've played video games since before kindergarten. In school I skipped studying (and opted to cheat) for video games. In college I did more of the same and missed out on a lot of the social aspects for video games. I ignored my girlfriend way too many times for video games. I've neglected quality time with family and friends for video games. And today I'm quitting video games for Jesus Christ! And I'm reaaaally excited to see what comes of it! ?

Thanks for reading,

Chris

• Like 2

On 10/5/2019 at 9:37 AM, ChrisHogg said:

I get the feeling when I'm playing video games I'm not enjoying that life. I feel like I'm not taking up my cross and following Him - living my life to help others.

Regardless of what your beliefs and ethics are - nobody lies on their death bed and wishes they did less in their life. Use whatever drives you to ensure you don't waste the only non-renewable resource we have - time.