NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

[HEALTH] self help

zeke365

I have noticed a couple of things over the past weeks and I really need help on how to deal with them.

The first one is I did not realize it till recently I complain a lot and it not that I m around anyone with complaining attitude but I see to do more often even with little things which bring me the other issue that lies within it which is I take everything and I mean everything too personal and not sure how to deal with. Though this mostly in work situations but sometimes home to,

How cannot complain as much and not take things so personal all the time?

I think being mindful of your thoughts is a really good place to start. I keep a quote handy that I find really inspiring; 

The thought manifests as the word;
The word manifests as the deed;
The deed develops into habit;
And habit hardens into character;
So watch the thought and its ways with care,
And let it spring from love
Born out of concern for all beings…
As the shadow follows the body,
As we think, so we become.

It's supposed to be Buddhist but there's speculation as to it's origin, that aside I still think it's pretty cool to contemplate. 

Once you become aware of something about your own character that you want to change, such as taking things too personally as you mentioned, it becomes easier to alter these characteristics. Awareness is the first step. Just try and be mindful and I'm sure you'll get there. Next time you catch yourself taking something personally, take a moment to ask yourself if things are really as you imagine them to be. Or next time you notice yourself complaining, perhaps try to consider why that may be? And if complaining will make you feel any better about the thing in the first place? But don't be too hard on yourself either, awareness is the first step but that doesn't mean that change is easy. It takes time, and patience, but most of all, self-compassion. :)