NEW VIDEO: I Quit MMOs and THIS Happened

I quitted gaming and i'm happy

samirk98

Hey first off i'm 19 years old guy and i was gaming 7-8 years.... i always loved horror games but lately i realize that i become much more anger depressive and suicidal sometimes.. so i really wanted to quit gaming and i did it yes i did it from my heart it's really important i guess... i selled my ps and steam account i don't have interest in games anymore.. but i really like to watch some gameplays? should i stop follow gaming youtubers ? or it's ok to watch somebody playing video games lol... thanks... 

• Like 1

Links that might help you:

Should You Watch Gaming Streams? < It's a link, click it.
7 Things to Expect After You Quit Gaming < Another link.

Now some personal experiences: When I watch game related content on YouTube - and I do that quite often, mostly to purposely trigger myself - I want to know more about it. I want to go back into games, because I remember this awesome situation or that particular game that gave me goosebumps. In short, watching game related content to me is like an alcoholic watching a documentary about how german beer is being brewed. You cannot watch it without generating cravings. That is my experience. Another experience, that is not only my own is: You cannot play in moderation. So, in case you watch a certain stream and you think "well, I could only watch and play this game because I benefit from it in this or that way ..." you are actually fooling yourself. Rationalization is a strong force. You can rationalize everything. Literally everything. If you are good at it, you can rationalize the holocaust. But let's keep it to the topic in here. Once you start watching game related contend, you will secretly build up a desire to test, find out, or simply enjoy the game you just watched. You want to live the fun they had in the video. You want to live the awkwardness in the vid. You want to meet the people they met. You know, in a YouTube video, everything looks fucking awesome. Because they stage it. They want it to look awesome to gain viewers, to gain income through ads and so on. Do the test. Just do it. Watch a certain game that looks like tons of fun, buy it and play and honestly judge it. You will most likely find out, that you have been screwed. The fun you had was not genuine, it was artificial and you will feel like it was a waste of time.

So, in sum: No, do not watch game related content. Because: What for? You are trying to recalibrate your life. Watch stuff that related to what you want to do now. If you are into survival, watch survival vids. If you are into knitting, what that kinda stuff. If you want to be a hair stylist, well ... learn about hair and such. Be proud of what you are and don't invest most of your time in what you were but rather in what you want to become.

Aside from that, there is one thing I feel is necessary to point out: I am a man of hurt and pain. I can hardly let got of anything unless the pain overwhelms me. For me, it was important to watch game related stuff, buy the game, get disappointed and repeat until I was fed up. Those people exist. We need the hurt to change. We need this one, hurting moment, that made the pot cook over and burn everything. We need to totally nuke our feelings. If you are one of those people - and you should most likely know by now - than you will need to follow your instincts until they betrayed you one time too often. Buy the next game, play it, be disappointed, repeat until you get to the point where the "hurt is sufficient" and you can finally let go of all the hurtful sh!t once and for all.

If you are not one of those people - and I hope you aren't ;) - simply let go and feed yourself with useful stuff.

Also, once you being to fuel your brain with non-game related stuff: How To Stop Mindlessly Browsing The Internet <Link

Also:

Julia Galef: The Sunk Costs Fallacy <Link

It does not pin-point relate to game quitters, but it might give you an insight about the "sunk cost fallacy". Even though you invested a lot into a certain branch of your own life story, it does not mean you have to continue. In other, more iconized words: If you cooked a soup and you do not like it, you don't have to eat it. You can always cook a different meal.

At some point, I am very sure, Cam will post videos about how he actually changed from investing time into gaming and suddenly decided to devote this time and money into his entrepreneurship. You don't have to continue anything, even if you have been committed to it. You can always rearrange your energy, time and money to focus on a different kind of lifestyle, career, free time occupation. It is always up to you. YOU and only YOU, got this under control. Don't let the invested money and energy determine what you do. It is your very own free will, your own choice, your own determination that will make a difference.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Regular Robert said:

Also:

Julia Galef: The Sunk Costs Fallacy <Link

It does not pin-point relate to game quitters, but it might give you an insight about the "sunk cost fallacy". Even though you invested a lot into a certain branch of your own life story, it does not mean you have to continue. In other, more iconized words: If you cooked a soup and you do not like it, you don't have to eat it. You can always cook a different meal.

At some point, I am very sure, Cam will post videos about how he actually changed from investing time into gaming and suddenly decided to devote this time and money into his entrepreneurship. You don't have to continue anything, even if you have been committed to it. You can always rearrange your energy, time and money to focus on a different kind of lifestyle, career, free time occupation. It is always up to you. YOU and only YOU, got this under control. Don't let the invested money and energy determine what you do. It is your very own free will, your own choice, your own determination that will make a difference.

I read everything and i want to say THANK YOU yes i unverstood everthing.... God bless you <3

• Like 1