New and working on slowing down

Phaedrus Galpin

Hello everyone, 

This is Phaedrus, I live around Vancouver, BC about an hour and a half from there. I have been playing video games for about 4-5 hours a day and it has become an addiction. I don't want to stop that but I want to try and slow it down a bit considering the fact that love video games and a lot of other people do to but don't want to quit. So what I'm saying is that I don't want to stop playing video games but I want to slow down the playing to like about an 1-2 a day and use most of my free time on productive work. 

Also I am very new to game quitters. I signed up about 10 mins ago because my parents showed me an article about how Cam had overcome his addiction on video games and I had become inspired by this. So I contacted Cam on Snapchat and he told me to watch a few videos and sign up to the forum. 

I just want to say thank you to Cam for showing me this and inspiring me in overcoming my addiction. And hopefully I can thank everyone that will support me throughout the journey of playing less and eventually barely any video games. 

It's not how many times you fall down, it's how many times you pick yourself back up . . . somebody (?) said that.

Looking forward to you to coming  back "on board" . . .   OK, bad pun, I get it

Other take on same theme:  Fall down seven times, get up eight [Japanese proverb]

KDY