NEW VIDEO: I Quit MMOs and THIS Happened

Intoducing myself...

My name is Paulo,  I am 25 years old and I am from Brazil.

Since I was about 10 years old I was a gamer. 

When I got the ps1 i was playing about 3 hours per day in the fist months.

After ps1 I started to play Pc games. When I started to play Pc games I was already in high school. The first and second years it was ok, I was studying and playing my games. 

But When I got in the third year(last year in high school in Brazil) I realized that  I needed to study more and play less to enter in a good university.

That is the point when I started to fight against games. 

Just to let you know, I have never played onlines games. My problem is with offline games. :)

I decided to stop to play. In this way I could focus in my studies.

Since this period I always stay a time without playing, but in a moment I start to play again.

Nowardays, I am almost graduating, and I still have the same doubt: Stop to play forever or try play 1 hour per day ?

I just bought the PES 2016, a soccer game. I played during the week, 6:00 to 7:00 am, I like to program this time, because it helps wake me up. After the game, I go to work. 

Unfortunatelly, I was not able to control myself in this weekend, I played more than I could.

Another negative point is : even when I am not playing, I am thinking in the game. And  I feel that I have less patient when Im playing games.

Just to finish : the feeling when I am playing is amazing, but when I turn off my ps4 I start to feel bad.

Guys, sorry about my english.
Hopefully you can understand.
The next one i will do with more time.

BR, 

Paulo

Hey Paulo! Welcome to the forum, awesome to have you join us here. To answer your question, start with the 90 day detox and then go from there. At the end if you want to attempt to play in more moderation than that's fine - it may or may not work - but finishing 90 days first is always the best idea.

Hi cam !

I did it in my way. For example, I haven't played since January. Now I start to play. I didn't follow any rules, but I hadnt played for about 5 months. Do you think I need to do the 90 DAYS DETOX ? 

thank you :)

Hi cam !

I did it in my way. For example, I haven't played since January. Now I start to play. I didn't follow any rules, but I hadnt played for about 5 months. Do you think I need to do the 90 DAYS DETOX ? 

thank you :)

If you just went 5 months without games then you don't need to do the 90 days. You already did. ;)

For me personally I didn't go back to games because I realized my life was so much better without them. But everyone is different and you have to make that choice for yourself.