NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Hi!

gendry

Hello!

I've stumbled upon this site, when I realize something is terribly wrong with me. I've been playing computer games since I was 6, until now ( 22 ). I got kicked from uni this semester and I am returning back with a hard lesson on my shoulders. I had a big plans for this summer, however summer is almost over and I look back and only see...disappointment. I am a long player of World of Warcraft ( 6+ years with breaks ). During those breaks I found another addicting games such as Dota 2. So today is a day. I've deleted my WoW characters, where I spent years of my time ( kinda sad...) uninstalled all my games and I really really want to change my life. I started running this week I am trying to keep it at least 4 times a week, because my lifestyle was pretty much playing WoW all the time which could be seen on my body as I started to get weight.

I realized games give me excuse to everything I do. I somehow felt that I don't need friends where in fact I just played online with my online friends and I was happy. I really want reconnect with my old friends and I really want to be better friend they used to have in me.

You say it's good to share your story and progress with others when you want to get out of addiction, so here it is...I hope it will work out :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi and welcome, just wanted to say there is absolutely nothing wrong with you! So you used gaming as a getaway, but the way I see it that is just a natural survival strategy our minds go to when we are unable to cope with something in our lives or unwilling to learn to adapt to something. All of us on these forums have gone there in a similar way with you and all people do it in some form or another at some times. The important part is coming to this realization that actually you CAN learn and adapt and capable of much more than you even think, so there is no need to keep running away...just rambling here but wanted to touch on that, that there is nothing fundamentally wrong with you, so go out and do it, whatever that might be :)

• 2 weeks later...

Quitting WoW is a hard one - gone through that, too. Guild members are your best friends - as long as you show up for raids so they get loot ;)

You can kick these people into the next trash bin ... I quit WoW in 2010 and never talked to these "friends" again. In their world you are replaceable.