NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Playing since I was 5... And here I am

Droudon

Hello to everyone,

First of all, I would like to apology because of my english. I'm not a native speaker and I need to improve my english skills, so sorry if I do some mistakes.

My name is Joan, and I'm from Spain. Since I was 5 I played videogames. I remember the first game that I played, Tomb Raider II (1997) was just amazing and I played together with my father. I played other games like Diablo II, Warcraft 3, World of Wacraft and nowadays I'm playing Last Epoch and waiting for Diablo IV. 

One year ago I got married with my wife, and we are planning to buy a house and having children. I can't complain about my live, but unfortunately I know that my big problem and weakness is the amount of time that I play, and I tried everything to control It, but It seems imposible to do that. It's simple, I can't. 

I could handle this because for a lot of time I didn't have any kind of relationship, I just had to study, work and go home. But nowadays I got a lot of new responsabilities and I'm worried that gaming could be a problem in that.

Also I'm in a process of career changing. I'm working as a Social Worker and I'm studying for being a software engineer. It's very hard for me to study and having the discipline after the whole day working and the only thing that I want to do is play and having some time with my wife. 

I don't know how to deal with all that. Can you give me some advice please?

Thank you very much!

• Like 1

Hey,

I'd strongly recommend the 90 day detox. I'm on day 5 but I'm pretty sure it's what all the more experienced Game Quitters would recommend too after reading your introduction post. Try not to say 'I can't'. Instead, say 'I can'!

Puedo dejar! (correct me if im wrong, I got that off google translate) - I think that translates into 'I can to quit' so I'd need to conjugate dejar verb to -ar ending which would be...

Puedo deja!

durante noventa dias! 

Also @jailbreaker.speaks Spanish. Maybe he can communicate with you better than others

Edited by LordFederickRamsay