Jump to content
×
×
  • Create New...

NEW VIDEO: A Wasted Time (The Truth About Gaming)

90 day gaming detox + 7 day dopamine detox


Max
 Share

Recommended Posts

Day 15.

Today I finally went outside to the extreme park with my kick scooter. I can say that my endurance has gone to shit. Like after 40 minutes of riding I've got plugged ears. I've got one more month of my light fitness training which I do after surgery, and after that I will do some exercises like cardio and something body weight.

My sleep schedule is my biggest issue. Today I woke up at 1 PM. It happens because I can't go early to bed, because if I eat, I can't lay for the next two or three hours. And I have to eat at least 3 times a day, so my dinner is like at 11 PM, so I can only go to sleep at 1-2 AM. All these rules is due to my medical condition.

Learned Python for a few hours, less than usual, because I had to figure out other stuff related to my Linux machine (language servers and setting up a backup).

Still absolutely no cravings to play. Overwatch 2 is disgusting. Btw yesterday I watched an Overwatch video on Game Quitters YouTube. First 1.5 minutes is literally the story of my addiction.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/21/2022 at 2:39 AM, Max said:

No idea, I don't count. Usually more than 3 hours a day.

"What get's measured get's managed" - Anonymous. If you measure it and write it down the chance will rise of you doing the amount you actually want in my opinion, and the opinion of many other authors 🙂

On 10/21/2022 at 3:00 AM, Max said:

Day 15.

Today I finally went outside to the extreme park with my kick scooter. I can say that my endurance has gone to shit. Like after 40 minutes of riding I've got plugged ears. I've got one more month of my light fitness training which I do after surgery, and after that I will do some exercises like cardio and something body weight.

My sleep schedule is my biggest issue. Today I woke up at 1 PM. It happens because I can't go early to bed, because if I eat, I can't lay for the next two or three hours. And I have to eat at least 3 times a day, so my dinner is like at 11 PM, so I can only go to sleep at 1-2 AM. All these rules is due to my medical condition.

Learned Python for a few hours, less than usual, because I had to figure out other stuff related to my Linux machine (language servers and setting up a backup).

Still absolutely no cravings to play. Overwatch 2 is disgusting. Btw yesterday I watched an Overwatch video on Game Quitters YouTube. First 1.5 minutes is literally the story of my addiction.

What exactly are the requirements after surgery? 3 meals a day? With what break in between? How big do the meals have to be? Are you not allowed to eat two meals or 4 meals? What if you have a short day of 6 waking hours? Do you still have to eat 3 meals then?

 

9 hours ago, Max said:

Day 16.

Absolutely useless day, I want to forget it and start from scratch tomorrow.

Everybody stumbles from time to time, but don't let it turn into more than one day, because it starts turning into a habit.
I've heard in some book that even greats like Tony Robbins had 1 day where they didn't work out and stuff, but the key is that they take themselves together right on the next day and keep on grinding.
Stay strong! Remember why you're doing this, and how awesome of a person you can become, and are becoming with every day of progress.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/22/2022 at 9:09 AM, Yan said:

What exactly are the requirements after surgery? 3 meals a day? With what break in between? How big do the meals have to be? Are you not allowed to eat two meals or 4 meals? What if you have a short day of 6 waking hours? Do you still have to eat 3 meals then?

it's is not due to my surgery, I have gastritis as well. Yes, I have to eat at least 3 times a day, of course with a break in between. Meals are medium sized, overeating is especially bad. Depends on the size, at least 3 or more, if more meals, than less portions. I've never had a day of 6 waking hours. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't need this forum anymore, I have no desire to ever play a game, I tend to just waste my time reading journals instead of doing something productive. 

Thank you for all these years, I'm done.

 

P.S. Don't bother to reply, I won't read.

Edited by Max
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Max said:

I don't need this forum anymore, I have no desire to ever play a game, I tend to just waste my time reading journals instead of doing something productive. 

Thank you for all these years, I'm done.

 

P.S. Don't bother to reply, I won't read.

Sounds like an excuse to me...(To know it isn't I'd first finish what you committed to and then quit, because otherwise our brain is super deceptive and may just be giving you slack). Hope you're right though and that you stick to not playing for a long time. 
Cheers
 

 

10 hours ago, Max said:

it's is not due to my surgery, I have gastritis as well. Yes, I have to eat at least 3 times a day, of course with a break in between. Meals are medium sized, overeating is especially bad. Depends on the size, at least 3 or more, if more meals, than less portions. I've never had a day of 6 waking hours. 

In this case you could sleep for 4 hours one night and put all your schedule back in order. I know you want to sleep 8 hours and I agree it's healthier. But if it's 1 day and then you'll sleep a week in good times I think it's worth it. If you have better solutions, let me know, I'm also interested. If not, I suggest you try this one. (Maybe 2 days of 6 hours instead one of 4 )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share