NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Having severe withdrawal or cravings maybe.

Diptayan Das

My mind tries to justify gaming... after i tried to quit it. I couldn't go more than 2 days. Its like i am drawn with a good reason to go back to gaming. I played valorant. And i feel guilty later and then delete it. During the days i felt absolute boredom, and an inability to find joy in other games.is this normal? How long will these symptoms last

• Like 1

Oh yeah, that whole justifying gaming thing is probably like a NO 1 characteristic that most of us video game addict share (unsure if that sentence made sense)

Stuff like

1. '' Playing video game is fine if it's done in a controlled maner, I just need to quantify the time I spend doing this properly''

or

2. '' Hey I've done a lot of work, I deserve to lay back and enjoy myself''

or

3. ''It's not that bad, I am just having fun!"

or

4. " but I can't just stop gaming forever, what about all my friends online, what about the beautiful community?'

Exept that... you know

1. You can't control yourself when you start playing, and so forget about quantifying it

2. You can't concentrate on work cuz it's boring compared to playing games or looking at youtube videos, so you get distracted and don't end up working so well

3. It is that bad, because now every other task seems to be boring and tedious in comparison, giving you the impression that you lack motivation / passion. Plus you just end up bashing yourself afterward FUN AMYRIGHT

4. Fuck the others your well being comes first

Or at least that's how it was in my case... dunno about you

But yeah, it's completely normal, and it's a pain in the ass to deal with

Hang in there

• Like 1

Absolutely normal. We all share this inner conflict with you so you don't have to feel alone. It will be easier with time, but you also have to put in the effort and try to engage with things outside of gaming. You clearly have the need to feel excitement from a hobby and thankfully there's plenty of those that don't include sitting alone in front of a screen all day.

Edited by Wildermyth
  • Like 1