Sign in to follow this  
Kei Dou

Bodyweight fitness, easier to get into

Hello, I just wanted to share my progress as well as maybe help motivate those who are somewhat afraid of going to gym.

A few days after I quit gaming, roughly a month ago, I was browsing reddit.com/r/fitness and saw this topic: http://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37yuv0/xpost_from_rbodyweightfitness_progress_ive_been/

I gave it a try and have since done 2-3 sessions per week. The progressions are cool and start from as easy as rocking away from a doorframe standing up for pushups, the community is very friendly and wiki is extensive. Most of all, there's no need for gym or expensive setups, I started at home on my floor ?

That said, I eventually did end up in local small gym because it was cheap(about $40/month including pool!), because outside is very hot now, and because backs of chairs are annoying. Here's my progress spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aMD3orLPqh7vsfIVAnRw-cjJV3OcIqxJNh7rBK7EhoU/edit?usp=docslist_api

Finally, I would recommend connecting with anyone online and sharing your progress. My buddy says I motivate him to go without fail just because I'm usually talking to him from gym. I would be willing to talk to anybody here as well when I'm off to exercise if it helps ? hit me up.

@Myriad Hero

Yes! I have always wanted to get into serious bodyweight training, gymnastics and parkour. I am a big dude so it is harder for me to acclimate to that sort of training, compared to gaining massive muscle more quickly. I appreciate this link and will join you in these workouts!

I started getting serious about physical activity and strength training almost two years ago and relied quite a bit on a workout routine app called FitStar. It's exclusively bodyweight stuff, and easy stuff at first. It really helped me as it gave me structure, wasn't overwhelming, and tailored a good challenge for me. I've let my subscription lapse and moved on, but I still go back to those fundamentals from time to time.

Anyway, count me in as a believer in the bodyweight thing!