NEW PODCAST: Instant Gratification is the cause of so many problems in your life...

Sign in to follow this  
Ashley K.

A Mom’s 90 Day Detox

Day 1:

It’s 8:01am. Woke up and the first thing I picked up was my phone to check my emails. What do I see? I see the new Call of Duty email telling me that there is an Open Beta. Good thing I don’t actually want to play. It was just a reminder that I don’t want play anymore. I’ve been a gamer since I was 5. Now I’m 30 years old, a stay at home mom, no job, no money, and still living at my mom’s house, it doesn’t do much for my morale. 

I always say I want to move out and have my own place but I never get around to actually trying to save money, let alone make any. I feel like money eludes me. I want to have my own home business drawing awesome doodles and putting them on shirts, enamel pins, etc and selling them on Etsy, but I never put my foot forward to do it.

I think I know one of the reasons why. I think it’s because I feel that because I’m 30, there are already people younger than me doing what I want to do, so why do it? Why teach myself how to draw better? It’s going to take a lifetime. Typing that felt so depressing. I don’t want to feel like that anymore or have this mindset about myself. 

Edited by Ashley K.
New journal
  • Like 1