Listen to Cam and James Discuss eSports In Episode 2 of Gaming the System!

Sign in to follow this  

Energy= ???

Hi peeps!!

I was wondering what you guys do, the days where you have absolutely no energy to initiate any form of activity but you still either have to or want to.

Is there any golden rules on how to make og "get" more energy to do what you really want to do or have to ?? 

I am asking because I regularly face this and it is sucking out every motivation that I have and it makes me wonder about things like "am I really addicted" or "why do I even try to stop gaming, when its really just denying myself some fun and pleasure" ? And that, ofcourse, leads to relapse in the end and then regret etc.....

🙂

This is something I've struggled with a lot in the past.

What I've come to realise is that learning how to have genuine, deep relaxation time out from doing stuff is much-needed. Watching some films, reading etc.

As well as how important regular exercise and maintaining discipline is.

There are people who can go 16 hours a day every single day without trouble, but that's not most people.

If you don't already, you need to be exercising every single day. Hitting the weights a few times a week, some cardio in-between, that kind of thing.

Next thing is diet. Cut out the crap, the bad carbs, and eat proper food.

Finally, discipline.

There are always going to be days where you don't have any energy, but you have to train yourself to work despite not wanting to.

It's really damn hard, I know, but the times where we don't want to do something are the times where we need to do that thing the most.

You need to maintain a certain level of standards for yourself, and never let them slip below your acceptable levels.

That's pretty much it, in my experience. I'm interested as to what other people have to say.

But there are no golden ways to get more energy, besides working hard and getting s*** done.

• Like 3

A well established routine is the best thing there is to pull you forward every day regardless of your mood. Make your environment work for you!

• Like 1

Thanks guys.

Working out is deffinantly working well since I have been doing it least 3 times a week, but I do it with a buddy right now and while it sometimes is really good i also fell like that can be demotivating sometimes because there is no room to alternate the training days and its hard to take care of someone ells' schedule as well 🙂

I havent done the diet thing yet though 🙂 gonna try that out for sure 🙂

Hm, I was about to mention here to keep in mind that willpower is a resource, which was the popular scientific consensus a few years ago, but then I double-checked and it looks like there are solid arguments disproving this research. Which is a relief to hear to me, because the original idea kind of facilitated learned-helplessness and I didn't sit with me right.