NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Online "friends"

ketias

So I'm only on day 2 of being Gaming free and despite having closed all game portals (steam and such) and removed all contacts i had to people i only knew over games, a team i had played with in a game, found my mobile number and contacted me by sms.  Nothing bad in that, since its not hidden or anything, but they simply said they were concerned as i had not been on for 2 days (shows a bit how active i had been, if they get concerned for 2 days offline). 

I told them what was going on, about the addiction and that i needed to leave it all behind me, hoping they would understand my decision, as we have been playing together for almost 3 years in the game, on a daily basis. 
But to my surprise these "Friends", were not so much Friends, as they were online "colleagues", instead of a "good luck" or "we understand", they started complaining that i was in charge of the food farming and blacksmith in the game, how i could just abandon them and it was my fault they had wasted time on other skills now.... ?  
To my luck, my 20 years of gaming has made me very anti-social and have a hard time really feeling attached to someone, so it was not a hard choice to just block their number and going on with my day and it just made the urge to return to that game, a lot smaller.

But i just wanted to share this little story here, to also show that not all "online friends" are YOUR friend, but rather your online characters friend, the second you cant provide something they need, they have no use for you. 

Edited by ketias
typo's
  • Like 4

On 1/16/2019 at 9:48 PM, ketias said:

But i just wanted to share this little story here, to also show that not all "online friends" are YOUR friend, but rather your online characters friend, the second you cant provide something they need, they have no use for you. 

that says it all