NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Sheldon's Journal

AssellusPrimus

Hey Everyone,

So I made the commitment to stop gaming on October 3rd, I am extremely excited about doing so as I have tried many times before but I feel like I finally have the appropriate tools and information to do so. I have been really busy with school and work and the last two days I have managed by having a friend come over and spending time with each other during my normal gaming hours, even though my friend is a gamer he is supportive of me, and sometimes I just watch him while I study. I am not tempted though because I really only play two games, none of which he plays. 

The reason I am writing in the journal today is because I am hoping to learn more about the fatigue symptoms of withdrawal. 
While I created a list of things to do and I had significant studying to do I found myself exhausted. I came home from work about 6pm, grabbed some Popeyes (yumm) and when I got home I felt that bored and stress feeling. So I identified my go to activity watch a documentary and watched some Ted Talks (Cams actually) but I realized I was not really in the mood for being stimulated. So for the first time in months I just dozed off on the coach, it was only 7:30pm at this time. I was supposed to meet up with a girl later that evening, but after waking up at 9ish, she told me she wouldnt be able to come over till 10:30 and at this point I told her to reschedule and relocated to my bed and laid their until about 12:00am browsing social media, chat, dating sites, honestly i dont why I dont just talk to her I always feel like I am search for something new and intersting. Anyway, I had lots of homework to do and all I could do was lie in bed and eventually sleep, I did anyone feel this way when they quit, if so how long did it last, she knows about my detox and suggest I just need stimulation. I agreed, but decided Id rather catch up on some sleep. Is this normal. (sorry my question mark button is not working).  

Oh boy its the weekend, probably the most challenging day of the week because I have no set out plans. I have found myself to be quite moody and fatigue been trying to keep the energy up with coffee and been thinking about hitting the gym to get the endorphins going. I am trying hard not to rationallize a game or two in between studying, the only thing holding me back is knowing that one will lead to the entire day of playing. ugh. 

Happy thanksgiving everyone!