NEW VIDEO: I Quit MMOs and THIS Happened

The Game Is Over Daily Journal

LevelUp

March 21, 2024

Hi everyone.  Just so you know I have been off games for 127 days now and am restarting this daily journal.  So this is day 1 of journaling but Day 127 of quitting video games.  I will start about writing about my day yesterday which was...

Day #127

Gratitude journal

getting up today, my recovery from gambling, the ability to be present, the people I work with, the smile on people's faces when they see something good, feel something good for themselves, that I haven't played video games for over 4 months in a row

One amazing thing that happened/I did today

Thursday night is working with released prisoners and last night was a very good session with some good news.  I will not share what it was but it was an amazing experience.

Workout/run

not done

Meditation

not done

Journaling

not done

Visualisation

not done

Daily affirmation

I can do all things that are required of me today because through Christ I am strengthened, empowered and inspired to succeed

Reading + taking notes

not done

Time in bed (goal before 9pm)

Bed at 10pm

Weekly Goal(s)

Create videos for my youtube channel (several shorts, and 1 long form)

Monthly Goal

In March my goal is to start managing my time better and start creating schedules for myself which I should follow.  This will help me focus on the things which are important to me and get me to my ultimate goal of becoming a coach

3 Month Goal

By end of June, my goal is to have started accumulating clients through my youtube channel maybe by having a website setup where potential clients can access my services.

Also, have an email list started that I create written content for on a weekly basis.

What went well today:

Work went well.  Started training a new person for watering in the greenhouse and that was a good start for him and for me training him.

What I could have done to make my day better:

Less scrolling on Youtube, Instagram.  Instead I could have made a video.  Also doing my daily morning routine - exercise, meditation, reading, etc

What I will do differently tomorrow:

Start exercising again and start journaling on Game Quitters!! LOL

• Like 1

March 24, 2024

Day # 130

Going to use a different format that speaks to what I do every day.

In January I took on a challenge created by one of my favourite podcast hosts, Rob Dial.  It was called the LevelUp30 challenge and within it we had to hit 6 challenging pillars every single day.  I completed the challenge by hitting those pillars every day for the month of January and was challenging myself to continue hitting the pillars every single day for the next 6 months.  What happened?  I didn't follow through, and I consequently started falling back into old habits (not eating healthy, less exercise, no meditation, etc).  I do some of the pillars but not all of them.  Ultimately I want to make this a lifestyle for myself where its not about hitting pillars every day but shifting my mindset that this is the way I want to live.  Here are the actions I will be taking every single day starting today:

1. Exercise - run, walk, hit the gym for at least 30 mins every day.

2. Diet - eating helathier (no fast food, no pop, limited sweets, no chips)  All those things I tend to over indulge with.  In addition my diet will include more protein, vegetables, etc.  Drinking more water (min 3L / day), Intermittant fasting.  Also no alcohol (never has been a problem for me)

3. Meditation - continue practice with 15 mins daily - no distractions, etc

4. Journaling - in addition to continue writing here, write a handwritten journal as well.  At least 15 mins per day of journalling

5. Reading - reading from a non-fiction (self-help) book for at least 15 mins per day.

6. Something that scares me - Find something every day that scares me and just face fear and do it.  For me this can be a cold shower or a cold plunge.  Could also be about making a new video, or any part of that process. 

I believe I can do more than this but above is my committment for the next 30 days and hopefully further.  As I progress I will love to adapt this as I change and grow.

Here is my new format:

This will be for yesterday (March 23, 2024)

1. EXERCISE ✔️

45 mins run inside workplace

2. DIET 

Didn't hit this pillar  Had Subway sandwich today, 2 bottles (1.5L) of pop, some excess sweets

Did drink 3 L of water, no alcohol

Fasted from 8pm

3. MEDITATION ✔️

15 mins accomplished early morning

4. JOURNALING 

On Game quitters - no

On paper - yes

5. READING ✔️

15 mins Awaken the Giant Within by Tony Robbins

6. SOMETHING THAT SCARES ME 

Not done

WHAT WENT WELL TODAY?

Had a meeting with another self development group where I was introduced to some beautiful people who will help me stay accountable to my goals in self-development.  Its called Warrior Souls and its a facebook group I joined.  Should be good.  This is the reason for this daily challenges to continue.

WHAT COULD I DO DIFFERENTLY TOMORROW?

Fight the urge to buy fast food and sweets.  This came about because I didn't make my lunch and felt lazy in the morning before work.  I went out at lunch and bought the easy thing which was not healthy.  I can make the ample amount of time to make my lunch the night before or I could have made a better choice - salad, fruits from grocery instead of fast food.

DAILY AFFIRMATION

I can do all things that are required of me today because through Christ I am strengthened, empowered and inspired to succeed.

Have a great day everyone and thanks for reading.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, LevelUp450 said:

March 24, 2024

Day # 130

Going to use a different format that speaks to what I do every day.

In January I took on a challenge created by one of my favourite podcast hosts, Rob Dial.  It was called the LevelUp30 challenge and within it we had to hit 6 challenging pillars every single day.  I completed the challenge by hitting those pillars every day for the month of January and was challenging myself to continue hitting the pillars every single day for the next 6 months.  What happened?  I didn't follow through, and I consequently started falling back into old habits (not eating healthy, less exercise, no meditation, etc).  I do some of the pillars but not all of them.  Ultimately I want to make this a lifestyle for myself where its not about hitting pillars every day but shifting my mindset that this is the way I want to live.  Here are the actions I will be taking every single day starting today:

1. Exercise - run, walk, hit the gym for at least 30 mins every day.

2. Diet - eating helathier (no fast food, no pop, limited sweets, no chips)  All those things I tend to over indulge with.  In addition my diet will include more protein, vegetables, etc.  Drinking more water (min 3L / day), Intermittant fasting.  Also no alcohol (never has been a problem for me)

3. Meditation - continue practice with 15 mins daily - no distractions, etc

4. Journaling - in addition to continue writing here, write a handwritten journal as well.  At least 15 mins per day of journalling

5. Reading - reading from a non-fiction (self-help) book for at least 15 mins per day.

6. Something that scares me - Find something every day that scares me and just face fear and do it.  For me this can be a cold shower or a cold plunge.  Could also be about making a new video, or any part of that process. 

I believe I can do more than this but above is my committment for the next 30 days and hopefully further.  As I progress I will love to adapt this as I change and grow.

Here is my new format:

This will be for yesterday (March 23, 2024)

1. EXERCISE ✔️

2. DIET 

Didn't hit this pillar  Had Subway sandwich today, 2 bottles (1.5L) of pop, some excess sweets

Did drink 3 L of water, no alcohol

Fasted from 8pm

3. MEDITATION ✔️

4. JOURNALING 

On Game quitters - no

On paper - yes

5. READING ✔️

Not done

WHAT WENT WELL TODAY?

Had a meeting with another self development group where I was introduced to some beautiful people who will help me stay accountable to my goals in self-development.  Its called Warrior Souls and its a facebook group I joined.  Should be good.  This is the reason for this daily challenges to continue.

Fight the urge to buy fast food and sweets.  This came about because I didn't make my lunch and felt lazy in the morning before work.  I went out at lunch and bought the easy thing which was not healthy.  I can make the ample amount of time to make my lunch the night before or I could have made a better choice - salad, fruits from grocery instead of fast food.

DAILY AFFIRMATION

I can do all things that are required of me today because through Christ I am strengthened, empowered and inspired to succeed.

Have a great day everyone and thanks for reading.

I wants to show you the prayer that helped me, the day (on this week's  Monday) that helped me, I stoped to play. 

”Dear Jesus, I want to live for you. Forgive me for how I continually run to my phone for fulfillment, rather than seeking it from you. Would you help me with your Spirit’s power to overcome this addiction? May I learn to say no, so that I can say yes to you.  

Amen”

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, seekndestroy said:

I wants to show you the prayer that helped me, the day (on this week's  Monday) that helped me, I stoped to play. 

”Dear Jesus, I want to live for you. Forgive me for how I continually run to my phone for fulfillment, rather than seeking it from you. Would you help me with your Spirit’s power to overcome this addiction? May I learn to say no, so that I can say yes to you.  

Amen”

Perfect.  Thank you

Written on March 25, 2024

For March 24, 2024 (Day #130)

1. EXERCISE ✔️

2. DIET 

Didn't hit this pillar some excess sweets (now they are gone so hopefully I don't go out and buy more)

Fasting - ended morning fast at 10:45am (8pm-10:45am = 14 hours)

Did drink 3 L of water, no alcohol, no pop

Improvement over yesterday

3. MEDITATION ✔️

4. JOURNALING ✔️

On Game quitters - yes

On paper - yes

5. READING ✔️

Not done

This I really have to work hard at managing my time better so that I can schedule time for making videos and working on my YouTube channel.

WHAT WENT WELL TODAY?

Had dinner out with family to celebrate my mom's birthday.  Was a good chance to connect with members of family that I don't see as often as was a large group of over 20 of us.

As mentioned above managing my time which means less doom scrolling.  I want to delete the apps but since I post on the social media apps occassionally they need to be on my phone.

DAILY AFFIRMATION

I love myself unconditionally because I'm a child of God and God loves me unconditionally.

I freely acknowledge my failures and depend on Jesus Christ when change is needed.  I never devalue myself with destructive self-criticism.

Have a great day everyone.

Written on March 26, 2024

For March 25, 2024 (Day #131)

1. EXERCISE ✔️

30 mins brisk walk

2. DIET ✔️

Fasting 7pm-10am

Stuck to good foods (yogurt, granola, fruit, vegetables)

No snacks, no fast food, no pop

Drink 3L water, no alcohol

3. MEDITATION ✔️

4. JOURNALING ✔️

On Game quitters - yes

On paper - yes

5. READING ✔️

If I don't continue to work on producing videos I won't get there.  I did manage my time better but Monday is a tough day at work.  Not making excuses but with the busy times at work it is difficult to find time to work on my projects

WHAT WENT WELL YESTERDAY?

Attended GA meeting - had a great meeting with 2 newcomers.  Good to see and hopefully they will come back.

WHAT COULD I DO DIFFERENTLY TODAY?

I don't help out around the house enough.  Tonight I have some free time which would best be spent cleaning up the kitchen a little bit plus working on producing video content for my youtube channel.

DAILY AFFIRMATION

I am in the mode of constantly seeking improvements for myself.  I look for opportunities in every moment to build myself and others up to reach our true potential.