NEW VIDEO: I Quit MMOs and THIS Happened

Multiple failed attempts.

eonplz

Hi, I'm Eon, I'm 28 and my marriage is in shambles due to a number of reasons, primarily though, due to my relapsing in video games, playing on the sneak and being caught over and over, although I really feel like I don't have a problem. I recognize that by falling back into the trap, I do have a problem. I recognize that the fact that I compartmentalize different games to Categories makes me feel like I'm not gaming because I spend 3 minutes on a mobile game vs 3 hrs on my PC. I'm embarrassed and saddened and worst I look like a monster to my family and friends. I feel gross.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You can set up some safety procedures with an accountability partner:

1. Erase all games from the phone and then have your partner make a checkout password that only they know.

2. If you insist on gaming then create a kid account with parental control. Console gaming is much better in this regard since you cannot find workaround services.

3. There are several apps that block specific websites and alerts your accountability partner if you try to search for them. They hold the master key for unlocking them.

If none of this sounds appealing then leaving gaming for good might be the best choice. You are still young and you have a wife that can be supportive in your journey. Many people here haven't even been in a relationship so that's a huge bonus (if you choose it to be). You write that the relationship is in shambles currently so that's probably where you should start this process. Feeling anxiety from a broken marriage will most surely push you even more towards gaming because you want to escape and get quick dopamine fixes. I've been in a relationship like that and it was very destructive.

It's nice to see you here at least. This is one of the biggest steps in your recovery!

• Like 1
  • Like 1