NEW VIDEO: I Quit MMOs and THIS Happened

Starting Now...

flockhobnob

I've been an avid PC gamer since before I was a teenager. I'm now approaching 30 and I've been casually attempting to quit for the past couple years. I've sold my gaming desktop and put my Mac Pro away in storage, but the  urge to game is still strong when I find myself bored or procrastinating. There have been multiple times in the past couple years I've relapsed, took my Mac Pro (which dual boots Windows) out of storage, and binged hardcore for multiple days, often feeling empty and guilty at the end of it, leading me to putting my computer in storage again and vowing never to do it again - only for it to happen again some months later. Lately I've found myself occupying my free time watching YouTube videos of people playing games instead of playing games myself, which doesn't help reduce the urge to play games.

I currently produce music and rock climb as my primary hobbies. There are new job related skills I need to learn to progress in my career as well that I've been slacking on. Most importantly, I want to find healthy coping strategies to deal with this urge for the rest of my life, and not fall back in the same thought patterns of wanting to PC game to appease my brain when it gets bored.

• Like 1

Welcome! Glad you are here. I encourage you to check out the daily journals. People are dealing with all kinds of challenges, from gaming to internet usage. Your desire to find healthy coping strategies is a good one, as filling the place where gaming used to be is a crucial piece of your journey. However, once you find out why you feel you need to cope and things to fill that void, you will experience change. The journals are filled with many strategies that can help you. And of course, start your own! I find that mine helps keep me accountable and continues momentum. Check it out! Happy to give you a follow to keep up with your progress.

4 hours ago, FDRx7 said:

Welcome! Glad you are here. I encourage you to check out the daily journals. People are dealing with all kinds of challenges, from gaming to internet usage. Your desire to find healthy coping strategies is a good one, as filling the place where gaming used to be is a crucial piece of your journey. However, once you find out why you feel you need to cope and things to fill that void, you will experience change. The journals are filled with many strategies that can help you. And of course, start your own! I find that mine helps keep me accountable and continues momentum. Check it out! Happy to give you a follow to keep up with your progress.

Thank you! I started a daily journal here: 

• Like 1