NEW VIDEO: I Quit MMOs and THIS Happened

Getting {Back} Into My Life

That’s why I quit video games. 

About a week ago I sold my xbox because a buddy of mine called me out on my crap. I had been someone who constantly gave him advice about living life on his own terms, taking control, and he took a look at me and said “Ya know it’s really easy to give advice without taking it for yourself.”

And he was right. I have all these dreams that I keep talking about, but I never live up to them. I’ve spent now most of my twenties avoiding the adventure of my life. And now that I haven’t gamed for a week I’m realizing I have avoided it in more ways than just gaming. But quitting games is the biggest step upward for me.

In so many ways it seems like I’ve been living a life someone else wanted for or from me. First was in getting a degree I didn’t care about. Another was following the a program at my church that I thought was going to be good. My unending addiction for content consumption. Gaming was just the first one where I realized that someone else was benefitting a lot from the time I was putting into their product. 

I’ve been vicariously living life, and now that I’m trying to seize I’m seeing just how difficult it is. That just makes me want to dominate every aspect that I am capable of controlling. 

I’m getting back into my life. One day at a time, one new habit at a time. 

• Like 1