NEW VIDEO: I Quit MMOs and THIS Happened

That feeling of returning to your PC is real. Your brain is conditioned to see that machine and even the chair you sit at as the center of dopamine release, but your logical brain also knows all of the problems associated with it. If you can be productive at your PC and you stick to it, that will be rewired with time. Perhaps even moving your workstation to a different part of the house can help. 

Proud of you for deleting your games. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'm proud of you for deleting the game, Noah. I know how challenging that can be because I also sunk probably upwards of 10,000 hours into a single game and it took help from my wife for me to finally delete my Steam profile (the waiting period is a real pain and tripped me up during multiple prior attempt to get rid of my account, so I was really thankful for the help). The added friction of not having easy access to games has been a life-saver for me on multiple occasions when I was sorely tempted to game again, as it gave me just enough time and space to re-affirm my decision to go game-free when the temptation to relapse was at it's strongest. It definitely gets better with time and the re-wiring of the brain that everyone talks about is definitely a thig, so stay strong, brother. You can do this! There's a whole adventure called life out there beyond the games just waiting for you to live it.

I'm nearly a year and a half out from my last gaming session, and I'm much happier and better off for it. Although the cravings still flare up from time to time, especially during times of high stress, they don't overpower me like they used to and I no longer feel trapped in a vicious cycle of compulsive gaming. Instead I'm making meaningful progress in my life, one day and one hour at a time. Having a community of people that understand the struggle has been hugely helpful for me in my journey, so I'm glad that you found this program. Cam and his team produce really great content and reading and listening to it has helped me shed a lot of light on why I fell into the gaming trap and how to avoid falling in again in the future.

Another program that has also helped me immensely has been Gaming Addicts Anonymous (GAA). Having people to talk with that understand the struggle to stay game-free and that I know will listen to me non-judgmentally and offer support and encouragement is invaluable, and being able to tap into that in real time at a moment's notice with the Zoom calls offered by that program saved my butt on more than one occasion. Dropping a link here in case you are interested: https://www.gamingaddictsanonymous.org/online-meetings/

May God bless you and help you on your journey to game-free living!