NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

"Action step #1"

cloelius

I guess I'll introduce myself here. 

I'm ...anonymous I guess. A kid who spent way too much time playing video games instead of the tasks at hand. I've noticed that when I play video games:

- I'm more grumpy, mean, and irritable

- I can't enjoy anything else

- I don't go to bed on time

- I can't focus on anything else

And, of course, it's just incredibly time consuming and there's so much more I want to do with my time. That's what's interesting: I don't want to play video games, but I enjoy playing video games, if that makes sense. Maybe it's the other way around.

I want to live in the real world. I know it has so much more to offer.

I also feel like I'm a very capable person and nothing is likely to stop me from accomplishing what I want to with my life except video games.

My entire family went cold turkey on video games in January. I lasted five months after that for the most part, but not really-- I just watched youtube videos instead. When my cousins visited and played Minecraft I gave in and joined them. I've been on and off since then again, playing video games and promptly uninstalling them. Then reinstalling them. With mobile games installation is really just a long loading bar, though: I install a new game while I'm sitting on the toilet and still have time to play it.

Another thing that's funny is that I really like digital music, a lot of which is described as having a video game sort of feel to them (Kubbi is my favorite) but I've noticed that the amount of time I spend listening to music negatively correlates with the amount of time I spend playing games. I've also noticed that when I'm having a good day, I seem to forget what video games do to me, or think I can handle them or something, and so I can never have an excellent day anymore. If I'm having a great day I'll ruin it by playing video games into the night for some reason.

Edited by cloelius