NEW VIDEO: I Quit MMOs and THIS Happened

My journal

cauliflower

Hello everyone, I am not actually addicted to games anymore(and I hope I will not), but I am getting addicted to youtube and useless online fiction instead and this makes me frustrated. I have realized how much time I have already wasted and I really want it to stop. I will be doing a 90-day detox, and there will be 90 days of no games, no youtube, and no useless online fiction.

Some rules I want to follow during this detox:

• Sleep before 11:00pm
  • Exercise regularly
  • Read at least two pages every day
  • No games, no youtube and no useless online fiction
  • Do at least one question every day
  • Plan ahead

Day1: 15th June, 2023

Today was good. Not much cravings for youtube and online fiction. Only started to do something related to studies at night, which was watching a tutorial video about English. I will start to prepare myself for bed at 10:30pm tonight.

What I am grateful for:

• Ate something I’ve never tried before with friends
  • Watched a nice movie
  • I have someone who supports me

It’s been 1 day since I played games, watched useless youtube videos and online fictions
It’s been 1 day since I slept after 11:00pm
It’s been 1 day since I didn’t plan ahead

• Like 2

Day 2: 16th June, 2023

Hm so today I got my grades back and yeah some are good(higher than average) and some are..bad. Haven’t told my parents about this yet. I had a whole lot of cravings for youtube and online fiction today, and I had a few times during which I almost gave up and went for them. But oh god I don’t want to break my own promise again. So I made it through the day without them. Phew. Let’s see how this week goes on.

Did some shopping with my parents at night and went to bed at 11:00pm yess.

What I am grateful for:

• Successfully resisted temptations
  • Spent some time with my family

It’s been 2 days since I played games, watched useless youtube videos and online fictions
It’s been 2 days since I slept after 11:00pm
It’s been 2 days since I didn’t plan ahead

• Like 1

Day 3: 17th June, 2023

Not much about today. Had a few cravings for online fiction but soon got over them. Finished reading a book and started another. I still need improvement in productivity. Have been planning a trip over these days.

It’s been 3 days since I played games, watched useless youtube videos and online fictions
It’s been 3 days since I slept after 11:00pm
It’s been 3 days since I didn’t plan ahead

Edited by cauliflower
  • Like 3

Day 4: 18th June, 2023

Another unproductive day means another day wasted. Ugh

Been binge-watching netflix movies and being a couch potato yikes I hate myself doing this

Acnes are getting better and I’m also trying really hard to control the urge to scratch them.

I know it’s small but I’m happy that I helped a delivery man with completing his delivery.

Will be having a (quite) formal social gathering tomorrow and I’m getting a little nervous. Hope it’ll go well.

I’m also glad that I’m sleeping way earlier than before :)) (before: 1am, now: 11pm) and I’m sticking with it for 4 days straight!

It’s been 4 days since I played games, watched useless youtube videos and online fictions

It’s been 4 days since I slept after 11:00pm

It’s been 4 days since I didn’t plan ahead

Edited by cauliflower
  • Like 2

Day 5: 19th June 2023

One month of hard work finally paid off and my grades improved compared with last year. The social gathering went great - made a new friend and the dish was alright. Went to a dancing class at night for 2 to 3 hours and I love it. Hope I can get up early tmr so I can preview the new chapter to be taught.

Not many cravings

It’s been 5 days since I played games, watched useless youtube videos and online fictions

It’s been 5 days since I slept after 11:00pm

It’s been 5 days since I didn’t plan ahead

• Like 1

Day 6-10: 20th - 24th June, 2023

Didn’t post for a few days as I was having a family gathering with my uncles and aunts. Went to theme parks, visited tourist sites with them, and also ate a lot of unhealthy food compared with days before. Played wildly with them and unfortunately caught the flu. Now I’m having a fever and I’ll take some meds and sleep right away. 

It’s been 6 days since I played games, watched useless youtube videos and online fiction

It’s been 6 days since I slept after 11:00pm