NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Spain/Portugal

Cam Adair

Hi all,

I fly into Portugal on September 12th and plan to be in-between Portugal and Spain until October 14th.

@Vlad and @Hitaru, it would be great to meet up for a day or two. Vlad I know you want to surf, as do I. Hitaru, what are your options? Did you say Gibraltar is where we would want to meet up? Somewhere else?

My timeline right now is basically Lisbon/Sagres for 2 weeks and then I'll do something to meet you guys then Madrid before flying out.

I'll probably be in Spain for 10 days I think. I have to come back to the U.S. for a speaking tour on October 14 so my trip got cut a bit short. But I'm either coming back to Europe in Nov or soon. :) So basically around October 3-13 I'll be in Spain I think.

Ok. Lisbon/Sagres means south, so you must check south of Spain too. Tarifa is another great place to surf but the winds in the strait are a bit tricky, I have to check your dates beforehand. You could also visit Seville, and even Córdoba and Granada if you fancy. Depends on how much you want to travel but it's worthy. The small villages of the province of Cádiz have a lot of charm, but they are a bit isolated and you ought to rent a car to visit them. I mean, depends on what are you looking for in a travel. Heritage, landscapes, food, party? 

Ideally I'd like to be in as few places as possible since I only have a few weeks. I plan to be in Lisbon for at least 10 days. Maybe Sagres or something similar to surf for a few days. Madrid for a few days. And then wherever I need to meet you guys for a few days. 

When you are in Madrid take a look at Toledo, it won't take you long and it's a really nice medieval town (Also the Inquisition Museum is there, if you want to humor the most celebrated spanish meme and have a liking for complicated torture devices. Perhaps something to punish relapsers... :ph34r:

I live in the south. Good surfing in the south as I tell you. Andalusian overdose in the south. BUT, from Madrid you can also choose Barcelona. Great party in Barcelona. If @Vlad and you decide you'd like that, I could look for a cheap flight and meet you there. Your choice?

@Cam Adair Hello, Cam! Sorry for the long response time, I didn't check this section of the forum. I've got [Sept 25-Oct 6] depending on business urgencies that I don't expect to arise.

I want to surf in Portugal (6-7 days), visit Andorra (<1 day), Gibraltar (<1 day) and Barcelona->Salou, Port Aventura (2 days). I can also travel to Madrid if needed. The sequence is not important to me, I can adapt to your preferences.

I'm not picky about the surfing location (I'd preder if they provide accomodation and surfing equipment - like a surf school maybe). Peniche or anything else are all fine with me. Are you bringing your own surfboard to Portugal? I'm trying to figure out if you would like to stay in a surfing school or in Lisbon or some other place.

@Cam Adair Hello, Cam! Sorry for the long response time, I didn't check this section of the forum. I've got [Sept 25-Oct 6] depending on business urgencies that I don't expect to arise.

I want to surf in Portugal (6-7 days), visit Andorra (<1 day), Gibraltar (<1 day) and Barcelona->Salou, Port Aventura (2 days). I can also travel to Madrid if needed. The sequence is not important to me, I can adapt to your preferences.

I'm not picky about the surfing location (I'd preder if they provide accomodation and surfing equipment - like a surf school maybe). Peniche or anything else are all fine with me. Are you bringing your own surfboard to Portugal? I'm trying to figure out if you would like to stay in a surfing school or in Lisbon or some other place.

Ok cool. I'm not bringing my own surf board, I will just rent one at the location which will be super easy. Less interested in a surf school personally, but I'm definitely down to surf. @Hitaru, would you be willing to meet us somewhere like Peniche or Sagres in Portugal? 

For dates I'm thinking around Sept 25 is best for this. 

Edited by Cam Adair

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey @Vlad and @Hitaru, I'm still a-go for next week. My plan is to be in Peniche Sept 27 for a few days (3-4 days). I might not arrive until the evening of the 27th. If you'd like to join, I'd recommend grabbing a spot at a hostel and we can all arrange from there. Not sure exactly where I'm staying yet, but anywhere in town would be fine for you. 

During those 3 days I shall work

That's not the iberian way my man. :ph34r:

Anyway, since that leaves me with the option of choosing the time, I think chilling during the afternoon/evening of the 29 should be most pleasing. That means coffee/tea time at anglo-saxon standard dinner time (round 6 pm). You're under our time jurisdiction now, mwahaha.

Is this fine for you, would you like a more action packed plan, another day and/or time? Your schedule, I can adapt. I guess @Vlad has his own opinion but he seems to be MIA.