What are three things you're grateful for today? Share in your journal. :)

Looking for accountability partner for fitness and eating right, 29, male, university or high stress job

3 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello, my name is Hassan A. I'm from Los Angeles, California. Looking for a partner that can help me stay on track with my fitness and eating right goals. Hopefully, we can check in daily via text, whatsapp, and or skype. I'm currently a full-time student at an intense master's program, school work, and juggling an internship, work, and family life. So, at times, when I get overwhelmed or stress out,  I have a tendency to just 'relax' and justify my eating habits and or not working out. I label it as being "tired" and self-care.  And, I know there's validity to this at times, but at other times, it's just an excuse. I want to be consistent and work towards this goal! I know if I push myself, I can get there!  My current weight is 245 lbs, and I'm 5'7. I want to get to 220 lbs, and live a healthy life style, with some muscle tone (not like profit people). I want to be holistic and care about myself (an area I neglected and continue to neglect by eating and not exercising enough). I want to care through eating and exercising. I realize exercise is greatly tied into my self-esteem and impacts my overall perception of body image. I want to lose the body fat I have because there's risks of me getting diabetes and I'm currently experiencing back pain, leg pain, and other bodily pain. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Hey Hassan, 

A lot of what you described fits me as well. I'm from Salt Lake City, UT, I have a family, I'm working on a rigorous technical bachelors degree, I have a family (wife & 6 year old daughter), and I'll be job searching within a week or two. I'm also trying to get into better shape. I'm 6'3", 230 lbs, and I feel like my body is weak and I can't do many of the things I wish I could do. Plus I have a condition that makes my joints weak if I don't keep the muscles around them strong. 

I really like cooking and eating healthy, but in the last 60 days I feel like I've only made a homecooked meal a few times. I want to get closer to making a tasty and healthy meal about 4-5 times a week, using good products in my food, and not eating out. My exercise goal is to tone up my body and get some good strength throughout. My weight goal would probably be about 240 from an increase in muscle. 

If what I said sounds like what you're looking for, send me a message and we'll figure out how to keep in contact. 

Posted

Can i join you guys to? I'm pretty skinny fat and I've just begun working out again I'd love some motivation to exercise in the morning instead of having a cup of coffee first thing. I'm from Missouri 28 married and I'm working every day recently to make money for our wedding reception.