NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Cam's YouTube Videos

Cam Adair

• Guest pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't mind seeing an article about other related "distractions" to watch out for after you quit games, for me that was surfing news websites, social media, and even watching other people gaming on streams.

Wondered what perspectives you had for people on avoiding this pitfall after quitting.

Awesome, I can do something for this. Question, does this video answer that question or is there another angle it's missing?

• 3 weeks later...

Does anybody know of any good books about combating video game addiction?

I'm currently writing a real book on the subject so hopefully I'll have that out some time next year.? For now I have about 150 pages written you can read between Respawn and the Challenge, which are products available to download. I'm working on paperback versions at some point.

In the mean time, I've been reading In Realm of Hungry Ghosts by Gabor Mat

• 2 months later...

I've got some questions: 'If video games will no longer be used to satisfy one's needs, then why play them anymore, at all? To kill some time for instant pleasure? What purpose do they serve besides this? Training simulations for real life?'

'For the people that play games in moderation, why do they play games at all? What do they seek from playing games, if anything? If playing games in moderation is good for their life, why is that the case? How does gaming help them to live a good life?'

I've got some questions: 'If video games will no longer be used to satisfy one's needs, then why play them anymore, at all? To kill some time for instant pleasure? What purpose do they serve besides this? Training simulations for real life?'

'For the people that play games in moderation, why do they play games at all? What do they seek from playing games, if anything? If playing games in moderation is good for their life, why is that the case? How does gaming help them to live a good life?'

?I don't know for sure, but I bet that they play games the way I have a drink or two. I enjoy a nice beverage two or three times a week in the late evening with my wife. It's just a nice way that we unwind and have fun together. If I was an alcoholic, that would be impossible because I would binge every time I tried to have just one drink. They just decompress a bit and get back to life soon afterwards.

• 5 months later...

Couldn't find this question anywhere else, so I'll ask it here.

What is classed as gaming? Are games such as quizzes on films etc allowed. (the type that gets shared on Facebook for example)

"Name these 50 films by the picture" etc.

I've always classed traditional gaming as PC, XBOX, PlayStation, Gameboy etc. Just wondering how far of a spectrum gaming applies to.

Couldn't find this question anywhere else, so I'll ask it here.

What is classed as gaming? Are games such as quizzes on films etc allowed. (the type that gets shared on Facebook for example)

"Name these 50 films by the picture" etc.

I've always classed traditional gaming as PC, XBOX, PlayStation, Gameboy etc. Just wondering how far of a spectrum gaming applies to.

Thanks for the question. Quizzes like that aren't games imo. Mobile games, consoles, PC games are what I describe as "gaming." Board games/puzzle games (offline) are fair. 

• 5 months later...