What are three things you're grateful for today? Share in your journal. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

If Game Quitters had ads, what would you like to see?

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Don't worry, this is not a stealth way of informing you that ads are going to be implemented in the near future, and I haven't talked with @Cam Adair about this before posting, it's a personal suggestion (from a friend, to be fair).

It looks good to me as a way of creating revenue for the self-sustenance of this whole endeavor that is Game Quitters. We have the niche, but since we would be the target it should provide a service to us as well. So instead of launching a random load of generic advertisement in your direction (which could even contain games), what kind of specific content would interest you, community-wise? Personally, I'd like suggestions about new activities I could do to fill the void of games, ideally near my area. What about you?

1 person likes this

Posted

Had some advertisers approach me about having ads related to school/college opportunities. I've been open to that possibility, however I'm unsure if the traffic we have would be enough for us to justify high enough ad contracts to make it worth off-setting the lack of ad environment.

Also could have ads related to therapists or addiction centers you could go to if you wanted extra help?

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm new here, but personally, it's refreshing NOT having ads here. Everywhere else one the internet seems to bombard me with advertisements. This place has a clean slate sort of feel and that's nice.

1 person likes this

Posted

@28_yrs_of_gaming Yeah, they can be a real pain sometimes, especially if they are pop-ups or AdSense sort of thing. I'd hate seeing those here too. But a simple banner at the top/bottom of the index shouldn't be that hard to handle, no? Kinda like in NoFap forums.

1 person likes this

Posted

Beside the question: I personally use ad blockers, and only switch it of in véry special occasions. I believe I once read gaming forums and the like suffer the most from ad block services, however, I can't seem to find it back.

I think that suggestions about activities to replace gaming would be best fit.

However, I am wondering how a good suggestion would be made considering the diverse countries our members are from, could an ad still point me to something in the area? I live in a tiny country, but if a suggestion is made for something in Amsterdam, it's useless. Maybe things that are already suggested/hinted at on forum posts (Headspace, Nofap) can be a good option.

2 people like this

Posted

I really wish Headspace had an affiliate program. :(

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I really hate pop-ups, but like Hitaru said, a banner at the top or bottom wouldn't be too bad. If there will be ads, I would love to see things promoted that are about self-development.

Edited by KevinV1990
3 people like this

Posted

I personally think that advertisement contributes to the degeneration of humanity.

But if you need the cash – go for it.

3 people like this

Posted

I really wish Headspace had an affiliate program. :(

Wouldn't hurt to ask, maybe? Not sure how they work.