NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Does it count if it's not video games?

none239

I've gone more than 30 days without playing a single video game. But now I find that instead of playing video games for 8 to 15 hours I watch youtube for more than 8 to 15 hours.

It's exactly the same as the game addiction. I have no energy and no desire to even try to take care of myself when I watch youtube. The final straw with gaming was after I quit my job. I had lots of bills pilling up but I had no desire to even try to get another job or find another way to make money. Now I'm in debt and I have no desire to do anything but watch youtube. The subject doesn't even matter, Video games, History vids, humor, I'll watch it all. 

Life has not been going so well for me. I've moved back in with my parents and I'm in a fair amount of debt. My mother is paying it off for me but I feel extremely guilty for not being able to pay her back. My family has been torn apart by infighting and a family member I used to confide in is, to keep a long story short, on the opposite side of the conflict from myself. I'm unemployed and I want to start a business but I don't know what to do.

I have no idea how to start a business. But it looks like you need something to fill up your time with. Find out what is causing your behaviour. Past traumas? Poor upbringing? Fight it at the roots.

Go and do something. Get a hobby. What do you like to watch on youtube? Think about it. You already want to find out how to start a business: so find out. Start researching it. Simple as that. It is important to have an are of expertise to start one though. You have to be good at something; you have to be dedicated to it; you need to be passionate about it. If you don't have that something then find it with due haste! Check this out

I think you first need to make your head completely empty. When you are only thinking about the problems that you have, you will not even have time to think about moving forward. When I am in such a mood, that I will only think about the things that are wrong in my life, I go for a walk as it helps me to clear up my mind. Working out even helps better, since you will be focussed (no matter what) on working out, you will not think about anything else than working out. So go for a run, clear up your mind, and when you get home, start to think about what you exactly want to do. Start writing your goals down, and write down what you have to do to achieve them. Do that right after you get home, don't take a shower first or something else(maybe drink some water if you need it), but grab a piece of paper and write everything down. It is easier to take action, when you know exactly what you have to do. And if you don't have the motivation to do anything, than try to listen to some motivational speeches.

What can be helpful for getting rid of your Youtube addiction, is to install a parent lock on the devices which you watch Youtube on. Ask someone that you trust, and someone who will not give in when you're having a hard time, to setup the password. This way you also can't unlock the parent lock yourself.

About the problems in your family I can only tell you one thing: If it is about something you can't change, try not to worry about it. It is a very hard thing to do, and I am talking out of experience, but if keep feeling bad about something you can't change, doesn't change the situation. If you have the feeling that you could do something to change the family problems, then don't wait doing it. Time flies.

Edited by KevinV1990

I think you first need to make your head completely empty. When you are only thinking about the problems that you have, you will not even have time to think about moving forward. When I am in such a mood, that I will only think about the things that are wrong in my life, I go for a walk as it helps me to clear up my mind. Working out even helps better, since you will be focussed (no matter what) on working out, you will not think about anything else than working out. So go for a run, clear up your mind, and when you get home, start to think about what you exactly want to do. Start writing your goals down, and write down what you have to do to achieve them. Do that right after you get home, don't take a shower first or something else(maybe drink some water if you need it), but grab a piece of paper and write everything down. It is easier to take action, when you know exactly what you have to do. And if you don't have the motivation to do anything, than try to listen to some motivational speeches.

This a thousand times this. I realized that I was over worrying about life and writing down my feelings in this post, writing down my bed times so I dont make myself sleep deprived, and writing down a financial plan has greatly removed a lot of the stress. I'm even making a repayment plan for the debt. 

This a thousand times this. I realized that I was over worrying about life and writing down my feelings in this post, writing down my bed times so I dont make myself sleep deprived, and writing down a financial plan has greatly removed a lot of the stress. I'm even making a repayment plan for the debt. 

Good job! Remember to take it one day at a time, and I am sure that everything will work out in the future.

I have the same issue here. My addiction migrated from playing video games to watching youtube (maybe not really gameplays but still it somehow gaming related: like game theory, trivia, oddshots from twitch).

IMHO it is step forward. It's like giving up heroin for smoking marihuana. Yes, marijuana is still destructive to you but definitely not as much as heroin. It's also much easier to control doses or just completely abandon this addiction (cmone, you probably don't watch youtube all night like you did playing video games :)

Don't beat yourself up. You made a progress in not playing video games and you should be happy about, don't doubt it with "does it count or not". It counts! 

You don't play for over a month. Now you need to realize (you already did) what's your next step in becoming a better version of yourself. Giving up a youtube/twitch! It will be much easier than quitting video games. Wish you all best

I have the same issue here. My addiction migrated from playing video games to watching youtube (maybe not really gameplays but still it somehow gaming related: like game theory, trivia, oddshots from twitch).

IMHO it is step forward. It's like giving up heroin for smoking marihuana. Yes, marijuana is still destructive to you but definitely not as much as heroin. It's also much easier to control doses or just completely abandon this addiction (cmone, you probably don't watch youtube all night like you did playing video games :)

Don't beat yourself up. You made a progress in not playing video games and you should be happy about, don't doubt it with "does it count or not". It counts! 

You don't play for over a month. Now you need to realize (you already did) what's your next step in becoming a better version of yourself. Giving up a youtube/twitch! It will be much easier than quitting video games. Wish you all best

Thank you so much! You could not possible be more correct.