Will you join me in building a well in Tanzania? Learn More

Hey, I am looking for advices to help me to stop playing video games :)

21 posts in this topic

Posted

You sound like an incredibly mature young man, and I am certain that you will kick this habit. I love the advice to treat your own life like a game, because that's really what it is. Grind until you level up and everything gets a bit easier. Good luck! 

Thanks keri. I hope as well that I will stop who I am right now and I become a better person alltough it will be very hard but mayby a life changing expierience for me ;) .

1 person likes this

Posted

You sound like an incredibly mature young man, and I am certain that you will kick this habit. I love the advice to treat your own life like a game, because that's really what it is. Grind until you level up and everything gets a bit easier. Good luck! 

Thanks keri. I hope as well that I will stop who I am right now and I become a better person alltough it will be very hard but mayby a life changing expierience for me ;) .

I wish I took this decision at your age - you should be very proud about yourself.

2 people like this

Posted

Just An Quick Update...

Stopped Playing Video Games On 4th Of March Which Means that today is my 16th day Without playing (Holy Shit :D ), Still struggle a wee bit and sometimes i need to motivate myself by watching some videos on youtube etc etc.

I would also like to ask you guys one more thing since (For Example: Breakfasts) I watch youtubers play H1Z1 or Cs:Go (Mostly Those Two) and I am not sure if I should stop watching them ???

PS : Thanks to anyone who replyed in the earlier messages/texts :P 

2 people like this

Posted

Way to go! 16 days is awesome.

Posted (edited)

Just An Quick Update...

Stopped Playing Video Games On 4th Of March Which Means that today is my 16th day Without playing (Holy Shit :D ), Still struggle a wee bit and sometimes i need to motivate myself by watching some videos on youtube etc etc.

I would also like to ask you guys one more thing since (For Example: Breakfasts) I watch youtubers play H1Z1 or Cs:Go (Mostly Those Two) and I am not sure if I should stop watching them ???

PS : Thanks to anyone who replyed in the earlier messages/texts :P 

I think you should. Watching games, comedy, action, or most things that aren't about a research or study will have near affect for me, they might make me more greedy for games and if you watch them you might actually experiencing a less, near, or even higher gratification like games. So If you think one of Cam's movies motivate you to stay game free that's OK, but your twice a week counter strike video uploaded by an old timer is really not OK.

Edited by NewComer
1 person likes this

Posted

Well...

Tomorrow is my first month without video games, I don't know what else to say other than "Thank You" to all of you for supporting and helping me with my problem.

nice.jpg