NEW VIDEO: I Quit MMOs and THIS Happened

Righting the ship

Simms

Nine years ago I met Cam for the first time. I spent a weekend under his coaching, and it was a significant contributor to my path of positive change. I’ve been following his journey ever since. I deeply regret failing to support his trip to Tanzania and have taken action to rectify this going forward.

In the time since metting Cam, I quit playing WoW, finished my degree, got a job 1% of 1% of applicants get, earned my Chartered Accounting designation, and have been dating a strong, thoughtful woman for the past 8 years.

Recently I moved, simplified my life, and de-stressed. When I was busy, I made time for fitness, and personal development. In an ironic paradox, with all the free time I’ve completely sunk back into bad habits. Playing far too much Halo 5, in total. – 19.5 days, or 468 hours – roughly an hour a day on average since the game was released. I’ve stopped working out routinely and am losing my climbing fitness.

So I’m here to remind myself of everything I worked so hard to get. To offer thanks to Cam, and take advantage of the content he’s creating to get back on the right path. I’d also like to give back however I can. 90 days and onwards begins today.

Nine years ago I met Cam for the first time. I spent a weekend under his coaching, and it was a significant contributor to my path of positive change. I’ve been following his journey ever since. I deeply regret failing to support his trip to Tanzania and have taken action to rectify this going forward.

In the time since metting Cam, I quit playing WoW, finished my degree, got a job 1% of 1% of applicants get, earned my Chartered Accounting designation, and have been dating a strong, thoughtful woman for the past 8 years.

Recently I moved, simplified my life, and de-stressed. When I was busy, I made time for fitness, and personal development. In an ironic paradox, with all the free time I’ve completely sunk back into bad habits. Playing far too much Halo 5, in total. – 19.5 days, or 468 hours – roughly an hour a day on average since the game was released. I’ve stopped working out routinely and am losing my climbing fitness.

So I’m here to remind myself of everything I worked so hard to get. To offer thanks to Cam, and take advantage of the content he’s creating to get back on the right path. I’d also like to give back however I can. 90 days and onwards begins today.

So sick! Totally made my day man. Welcome! 

Remember when we went bungee-jumping? xD

Nice one man.

In life I think everyone has their seasons. Winter- trying to slog it out and make it through times of hardship. Spring- the emergence of newfound bliss. Summer- easy cruising, living la vida loca. Autumn- falling back down.

You can interpret that however you like. It's the way I see things.

Nice one man.

In life I think everyone has their seasons. Winter- trying to slog it out and make it through times of hardship. Spring- the emergence of newfound bliss. Summer- easy cruising, living la vida loca. Autumn- falling back down.

You can interpret that however you like. It's the way I see things.

Yep. Sometimes you experience all 4 seasons in the span of a few days.

I think bungee-jumping is one of those memories that will never fade. - I was deathly afraid of heights when we went up there. It was a comfort zone shatterer. Years later as a climber I still have my moments with heights... but being confronted with my fears has forced me to grow.

@Schwing - Love the point of view. Can totally relate to falling back down and starting to slog back onwards. Now that I've  spent some time reflecting on past slogs, it's lightening the weight of this latest.

Recently I moved, simplified my life, and de-stressed. When I was busy, I made time for fitness, and personal development. In an ironic paradox, with all the free time I’ve completely sunk back into bad habits.

Yea, that's so messed up. When everything is impossible, you manage, when it's not, you don't! Dafuq!!?

I hope you find a way to unite your new simplified life with "not sitting around all day"!! 

Recently I moved, simplified my life, and de-stressed. When I was busy, I made time for fitness, and personal development. In an ironic paradox, with all the free time I’ve completely sunk back into bad habits.

I'm with you on this - when I had a busy job, a good fitness routine, and a good social life it wasn't a problem to stay away from gaming (and my other addictions). But when I got to much freetime and got bored I got back to gaming.

I think bungee-jumping is one of those memories that will never fade. - I was deathly afraid of heights when we went up there. It was a comfort zone shatterer. 

I also got my boundaries pushed when I did bungee-jump in New Zealand when I was travelling.

Edited by Dolocorp