NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Share your experiences and tips for friendship?

lilX

I'm asking because this is an area that I feel insecure about due to growing up without making lasting friends. Would like to know your experiences and what you learned about friendship.

Edited by LilChenChen

One of the best resources for improving your social skills is Charisma on Command.

The best piece of advice I have is to get clear on who you want to be surrounded by, what kind of values do they have, what activities do they like to do, what kind of people are they... and then BECOME that person and HANG OUT in environments where that type of person hangs out.

For example, I love social impact, entrepreneurship, and personal development, so I go to conferences and events around that subject. Like StartingBloc for example.

One of the best ways I've found to make new friends is to take multi-week courses (ideally > 8) and/or join sport and social leagues as a single player.

The key is to attend EVERY week, AND go out after if the groups going out, AND go to any post course events. - Be interested, put yourself out there.

You won't always click with everyone, or anyone, but being scheduled to be with the same group of people at the same time for many weeks takes away that barrier of "when are we going to meet", and especially with sport and social leagues it gives you something to do while you're there!

If you've the money and time - travel!

I was visiting Australia and New Zealand for 2,5 months (amazing countries) with a group of people I didn't know. I was (still am but not as much) an introvert and I also have some anxiety issues but it was really rewarding getting my boundaries pushed - and I met some amazing people! We were 25 people in the group and I became good friends with 2. Like @Simms says above - you won't click with everyone but I clicked with two people and I'm sure that they're friends for life.

• 3 weeks later...

One of the best ways I've found to make new friends is to take multi-week courses (ideally > 8) and/or join sport and social leagues as a single player.

The key is to attend EVERY week, AND go out after if the groups going out, AND go to any post course events. - Be interested, put yourself out there.

You won't always click with everyone, or anyone, but being scheduled to be with the same group of people at the same time for many weeks takes away that barrier of "when are we going to meet", and especially with sport and social leagues it gives you something to do while you're there!

i joined a mma dojo for a few months now. i volunteered in their tournament, and had dinner with them later. The tournament was brutal. Lots of brain cells died that day. 

They are really nice and training there keeps me from feeling lonely when my fiance is not around. 

I agree with your tip! 

• Like 1